Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, August 12, 2005

And I thought I was having a bad day...

My Uncle Rankin is having a much worse day than me.

For those who dont remember--my Uncle Rankin is the minister who married Damon & me.
Anyway--his wife is out of town, up here in Dallas, getting ready for our shower tomorrow (mine & Holly's), & he gets the news that his mom suddenly passed away. So not only did his mom die, but his wife isnt there to comfort him! Then, Uncle Rankin's sister lives in Austin. She's got lung cancer from breathing in asbestos from the place where she used to work. She's dying. She is on hospice. Well, Uncle Rankin leaves the church & goes home. He forgot that the dog, "Chris" was in the garage, and as he's pulling out to begin his drive to Austin to tell his dying sister that his mom just died--he ran over the dog. Sadly, Chris, who's like 17 years old now, lives through getting run over, but it looks like both of his back legs are broken & they'll likely have to put him to sleep.

So, his mom died.
He has to tell his dying sister the bad news about their mom.
He ran over the dog.
He has to decide whether or not to put the dog to sleep, and deal with that loss too.

I am officially retiring a comment I am well known for (being the drama queen that I am...). That comment is: "This is the worst day of my life!" Clearly....Rankin's got me beat.

So, you guys--pray for my Uncle Rankin. He's having a rough day. The worst day, if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home