Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, August 05, 2005

Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'....

Okay---so the title of this post comes from a LimpBizkit song... It happens to be the only CD in my car right now.

A couple of weeks ago when we took my car to the Jeep place, I took all my CD notebooks out & put them in Damon's truck. Well, when I picked up my Jeep, I never took my CDs out of his truck. So, this was the CD in my CD player at the time of my auto repairs.

So, for the past 2 weeks or so, everytime I cant find something on the radio...this is what Gage & I are listening to. Swell choice for the unborn son who hears everything around him now. The good news: he doesnt understand English...or any other language for that matter. So, he doesnt know what Fred Durst is swearing about...

Unfortunately--I think I'm going to have to grow up sometime...

Anyway--the title is pretty applicable to how things are going. With regard to my PRN job...I'll just keep on rollin'! I went yesterday after work...turns out this one girl gave me a shift of hers on 9/10, so I can work that Saturday night...and then return on 12/3 or 12/10. That way, I wont be "dropped" & all will be right in my world.

It just sucks that this 2nd job I have is turning out to be such an ass-whooping. But--I've been employed there for about 6 years, so I dont want to burn that bridge...

My father in law spent the night last night. He got us the rocking chair I wanted. I cant wait for it to get to us! Damon says it should be here in 3-5 weeks!

Dad's doing good.
If the drive didnt suck & he didnt have to work--I'd go back to Austin this weekend.

Megan & Stephen flew out this morning--going to Savannah.
:)

Oh---sorry, but more baby stuff.
I posted the other day about Damon folding Gage's washcloths & towels... Well, after he folded them he CLEANED the laundry basket & lysol'd it b/c he thought it wasnt clean enough for Gage's clothes. How cute is that? He told me, "The laundry basket is fine for our stuff--but those are his towels & washcloths that are going to touch him after his bath. That laundry basket probably had all kinds of bacteria on it from our dirty clothes & cleaning rags!" I believe Damon would love to raise Gage in an absolutely sterile environment if at all possible!

And, I just got off the phone with him...
me: "What are you doing?"
"Looking in Gage's room"
"I think I'm going to go buy him some stuff."
me: "What are you going to buy him?"
"I dont know. But he needs stuff. Where's that copy of our registry?"
me: "In a folder somewhere. Well, if you're going to Babies R Us, they will print you a copy at the store. I really want you to buy the contoured changing pad for the changing table..."

The whole thing is soooo cute!
"I'm going to go buy him some stuff."
I'm sure he'll come home w/ the world's smallest set of golf clubs or something! I dont care---it's sweet.

Then before we got off the phone, he said:
"Idiot! I cant wait for him to get here!" (Idiot is actually a term of endearment for Damon...took me a while to get the hang of it...but really--he means it in the sweetest way!)

So, it's hitting him. He's having his own baby moments!!!
:)

I'm outta here for now.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home