Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, August 26, 2005

It's Friday...I aint got no job...I aint got sh*t to do!

For anyone who's curious about the title of today's entry...it's an adapted line from the movie, "Friday".

Today has been hard. It's better now...this evening...but it really was a rough day. I dont know if staying @ home is getting to me...or if I'm getting even more hormonal...or what the deal is. I've cried most all day. It's like I cant help it. Every little thing just makes me cry. My back hurts--I cry. I see something on TV, I cry. I think about anything & everything...I cry. I miss work (yes, I did just type that...) & then I cry. Damon leaves the room to go somewhere else in the house--I cry.

We were up last night until...well, the last time I looked @ the clock was 12:10. I took a Tylenol PM to help me sleep...that was @ 10:30. But then of course, I was up in the 2 o'clock hour...in the tub @ 4, out at 5:30 (when the water got cold & I was finished reading 2 magazines), and then I went back to sleep. Slept until 7:30...got my heating pad...and slept again until 9 something.
(I know you guys are all interested in my sleeping patterns!)
Oh, but there was a scary/bizarro dream in there. In my dream, while delivering--Gage broke my ribs & tail bone. (In reality--he was moving around a lot & I woke up w/ pain in my ribs & tail bone...then I got the heating pad...) Can you break bones while giving birth?? If the answer is yes, please dont anyone respond! I really dont want to know!

It's actually been a few days since I've blogged...
What's happened since then??? Well, on Wednesday night, Megan & Susan came over & brought dinner for us. It totally rocked! La Madeleines! I got soup & tea--just like I wanted! And, Susan brought me lots of magazines to read & a puzzle book. I'm just about through all the magazines, and I worked some of the puzzles today in the puzzle book.
We had fun Wednesday night just visiting & talking about girl stuff & Megan's job...and stuff like that. I have some pictures...but, I've got to charge the battery on the digital camera & upload the images...yada, yada, yada...so I'll post them later.

Thursday--dr's appt. Highlights: Dilated to 2, lost 2 pounds, belly's still measuring ahead (my chart reads: "watch fundal height"), & they scheduled an ultrasound for next week to see just how big this baby is measuring. I'd like to be holding him by next week...but if not, then another sonogram is the next best thing. I cant see him enough, you know!?

Friday..today. I mentioned--I've cried. Other than that, I've laid around, checked the mail, played Yahtzee w/ Damon & he even set up the poker table tonight so he & I can play poker. We've played 3 games tonight. I actually won 2 of the 3 times. Now, I'll admit--it's not because I'm a better poker player...heck, he has to tell me most of the time if I won or not...it's just that I am a seriously unpredictable player & he can never decipher if I have a good hand or jack squat b/c my betting is completely random. I guess that in itself could be a strategy...but really, for me, it's not. Sometimes I'll win the pot w/ a pair of 2s because I can get him to fold. HaHaHa! (Mischevious Laugh...)

That's really all I know for now.
Boredom has officially set in...oh wait...that happened a few days ago!

I have some thank you's to write...but I left the thank you notes & address list in my desk drawer. That helps me a lot...

Got some trial sized toiletries to pack in my hospital bag. I'm making progress toward getting it packed at least!

Okay...Damon just came home w/ KFC for dinner. I'm not that hungry...but I want to go have dinner w/ him.
:)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home