Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dr's appt today...I've got a new diet.

1. sugar is permissable in my 2 cup allotment of coffee per day.
2. 1 sugary item per week (i.e. 1 piece of cake, one scoop of ice cream).
3. 1 starch item per day (1 slice of bread, 1 scoop of mashed potatoes).
4. majority of each meal needs to be protein: meat, beans, nuts, eggs, cheese.

Measuring into the 26th week.
Doc says the baby is not slowing down any on his growth.
Doc estimates that I will be able to vaginally deliver a baby weighing less than or around 7.5 pounds. Doc says that they will now start closely monitoring baby's size, & really focus on this in the last few weeks. Doc says that he thinks I may go into labor on my own around the 11th or 12th. Says that he wont hesitate to do a c-section if this baby doesnt slow down on size....thus the protein rich, starch & sugar-lacking diet.

So, I'm 25 weeks (measuring into the 26th week), and I've gained 30 pounds.
Got tested for gestational diabetes today. Wont have the results for a bit. He says that even if it's negative I have the diet changes. If it's positive I'll go for a 3 hour glucose test. YUCK.

Random note: have a busted capillary in my eyeball. Threw up last night. I dont know if it was a random wave of late morning sickness or what. Just couldnt hold my dinner down, and busted out my eyeball capillary.
So, that's looking mega cute.

OHHHH F*CK! I have my maternity photos in 2 days with a busted eyeball capillary!

My lunch selection today (with new diet rules in mind...)
Hawaiian chicken (scraped off all the stuff which makes it "Hawaiian"...ate just the chicken)
Refried Beans
Asparagus spears
Salad with greens, boiled egg, & turkey only.
V-8 drink.
14 oz. 2% milk.

Ugh.
I'm in a pissy mood...and I'm sure that it's b/c I need starches & sugars!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home