Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, January 20, 2005

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I'M PREGNANT!!!!!

I got a BFP (Big Fat Positive) yesterday afternoon! I was at work when I tested, and it was positive!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm going to be a mom. Damon's going to be a dad. We're going to be parents!!!

Okay--so I was 11 days late. Tested at seven days late & got a negative. Tested again yesterday, got a positive!
I was at work, so obviously the cat got out of the bag here because I was screaming, "Oh my gosh! I'm pregnant!" I called my friend, Erin, who brought me a white long sleeved t-shirt with the word "pregnant" across the chest. I wore it home to surprise Damon. He way laying on the couch when I walked in. He looked at my shirt...
"Does that say 'pregnant'?"
"Yes"
"Are you pregnant?"
"Yes"
"Are you really?"
"Yes"
"Seriously?"
"Yes!"....this little scenario went on for a while...It took him a second to absorb the information, you know??? It was soooooo cute!

So...we're pregnant. And, if the "pregnancy wheel" is correct...it predicts how far along you are & your estimated due date, based on the first day of your last period. So--if the wheel is right, I am 5 weeks & 6 days, and due Sept.16th. The bad news: that means I will be big, huge, pregnant, in the Texas Summer time! Yuck!!!!

I go for my first OB appt. on 2/10. It's apparently a 2 hour appointment. You meet with the doctor, meet with the hospital's "OB Coordinator" & get an ultrasound to measure your baby. Woohoo!!! So....I will be 8 weeks, 6 days then. I just read earlier that at 8 weeks, your baby begins to hear. That's so wild!

What else???

A lot has happened since I last blogged. Here's an update...
Went to Corsicana for the awards ceremony. It was great, and I think important that we were all there.

The cat came back. He got into a fight while he was out there. He lost a claw (we're still doctoring that foot), had cuts & scrapes on him...they are mostly healed now.

Went to the deposition. It sucked. Mom's attorney told me that I did well, but I hated it so much, that I dont even want to type about it.

Went to Hawaii & San Francisco with my dad! It was aaaawwwweeesommmeee! In fact, it sucks to be back here at work right now! We went to Honolulu/Waikiki area. Ate a lot, laid out in the sun a lot, shopped a lot...had a great time! then, coming back--I had a 6 hour layover in San Francisco. Dad took me down to Fisherman's Wharf & I got to eat hot shrimp with melted butter for breakfast!! It was faaaannnntasssstic!

I still cant believe I'm pregnant.

I had a dream last night, and in it, I was walking about 5 or 6 feet behind Damon who was holding hands with our "son" who was about 5 or 6 years old. He had sports equipment/pads with him for a football or hockey game. It was sooo cute. So--I never saw his face, I just saw them from behind & knew it was our son. So--this girl at work told me this morning that she constantly dreamed that she was having a boy, and it's a boy. My mom told me this morning that she has a feeling that it's a boy. I have a feeling that it's a boy. We'll all just have to wait & see!!!!

Okay...time to get to work!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home