Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, December 27, 2004

Happy Belated Christmas!

Okay...it's two days after Christmas.
I'm a bit delayed.

Things I still need to do that are holiday related:
(1) Give Megan & Susan their Christmas ornaments
(2) Mail Melissa's gift...oh, and her birthday gift too!
(3) Gifts to Pop & Gammy (got 'em...need to give 'em!)
(4) Gifts to Tiff, Trystan, & Riley.

For all of you who did not get a card from us this year...well, we never sent them. That's right...I'm a lazy slacker who never got around to it. Sorry.

My last post was 12/20...what's happened since then??
Well--went to the dermatologist on Wednesday. Stress induced. That's what they say about my condition. It's triggered by stress. Sadly--I will apparently respond to high amounts of stress this same way forever. So, she says that when one spot clears up, I could develop other spots on my head. Great. Got some medicine... one pill, one mousse topical treatment, and a shampoo. Should grow back in a year. Great...

Went to the eye dr. Got contacts. Might need a different pair though because I can feel these & it seems like they move a little bit every time I blink. It feels like I have feathers stuck in my eyes. And, being the genius that I am...I brought my contact case, solution, & eye drops to work--you know, just in case I couldnt handle these contacts all day. Well, I forgot my glasses. So--I can take my contacts out if I want---but then I wont be able to see anything. Fantastic.

Wednesday as I was leaving the eye dr--it started snowing. Oh, it was wonderful! Of course now it has all melted & you dont even need a jacket when you go outside. But, on Wednesday it was wonderful! And, we took Eddie outside to play in the snow. He LOVES snow!!

Thursday...some last minute shopping...wasnt too bad.

Friday...went down to Tyler to visit Mom, David, Allen & Mario. Saw some others too. Had a great time. Damon said it was "weird" at first. But, we all got through that, or over that...or whatever. We ended up having a really good time.

Friday night...got home late from Tyler. Came in...Damon & I opened our Christmas gifts & did our stockings (still my favorite part!).

Saturday...woke up...stayed home...we were lazy all day! Saturday night I wanted to go to the movies because there is this scary movie, "Darkness" that started on Christmas day. Well, we get dressed, get out of the house, go to the theatre, finally find a parking spot large enough for the truck, get up to the ticket line...our movie was sold out. Drats! So, we'll go see it some time this week. Damon promised!!!

Movie Reviews...since I was just writing about movies...

"Christmas Vacation 2": stupid, but funny. Humor that you dont have to think about...at all.

"Shattered Glass": about this journalist for "The New Republic" who actually fabricated most of his stories & then gets found out... very good.

"My Life Without Me": independent type film. I may have posted about it before. Well, I loved it! I saw it again yesterday, so I am re-reviewing it for you. Loved it. Sad, but good.

"Blue Comedy Tour Rides Again": funny. Not as funny as the first one, but again--it was still funny.

"Elf": Now, I know a ton of people who love this movie. I thought it was so dumb. I ended up sending it back without even finishing it. Damon & I both thought it was stupid & just could not get into it.

"Bourne Supremacy": excellent. Very good!

"50 First Dates": cute...but, I am a total sucker for Romantic Comedies. I liked it. Damon thought it was pretty cute too.

"The Ref": bought this for Damon as one of his little Christmas gifts. A hilarious holiday movie--if you ask us!

"The Emporer's Club": good message, a little slow. I actually fastforwarded through some of it. I think that a lot of teachers will be able to relate to it. The underlying message is really very good, but the drama itself lagged. Damon was bored to tears.

...my goodness...we watched a lot of movies this weekend!

Okay...it's just about the end of another work day.
I'm outta here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home