Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Sorry I havent blogged lately!

Okay...I havent updated this in a while.

...well, with the holidays...and work...etc.

Today is Wednesday. I really shouldnt be updating this right now b/c I am super swamped at work...was super swamped yesterday...have a staff meeting today @ noon & a 1600 deadline for some chart reviews. Yuck.

Yesterday was just a *horrible* day in the ER. We had an infant death....non-affectionately known as a "dead baby day" here at work. Sounds so callous to non-hospital employees...but those of us who work the cases know that we have to de-personalize these events to keep ourselves from fully feeling the situation. It's a defense mechanism that we all use to protect ourselves, but it doesnt always work.
So...just a horrible day.

On a brighter note...I went home to find dinner already prepared (thank goodness since I didnt have a chance to eat at all yesterday!), a fire going... We looked like a Norman Rockwell sitting there in front of the fire sipping hot chocolate. :)

Update on the pregnancy situation: negative. I got my beta drawn on Monday at work. Big Fat Negative. (BFN) I was upset. I know that we will try again. I know that most people dont get pregnant the first time around & it takes a while...etc. But--here are my thoughts on that: (1) I have a sister with 5 kids. She can get pregnant by just walking into a room!!! I just want to be pregnant! I dont think that I am asking for too much! (2) For those who have had sex & used birth control, we are conditioned to believe that the one time we have sex without birth control that we will just automatically end up pregnant! So...I just somehow felt I would miraculously be pregnant. We were doing all the right things. I did the ovulation predictor kits. We tried at all the right times! And...patience is not something I have a whole lot of. I admit it. Cant hide it. I am not a patient person.

But...we will continue to try. I will be optimistic! Of course I'm optimistic...this is just the best thing that could ever happen to us!!!

Other updates: mark & Jana are getting married in March. Wedding in Key West. Damon is the Best Man. :) So, we have to make our hotel arrangements soon. Who knew that hotels in Key West are so freaking expensive? I didnt...because I've never been there before. But...we're really excited about going!

Mom, David, Allen & Mario are moving into their new home this weekend. It's a great house. I've seen it. Each of the boys will have their own room, which I know they will love.

Dad got a new computer. A laptop with wireless internet. He's going to be a surfing fool!!!! He can email from just about anywhere!!!

We're almost done in the kitchen with the paint. Damon textured the walls & we painted most of the walls with the first coat. It's red, so we'll have to do a couple of coats...but we love it so far!!

I gotta go. Will try to update this thing more frequently!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home