Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Yippy! Today is my Friday!

Okay...it's Wednesday. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I have Friday off...so today is my Friday!!!

That's the good news.

The bad news: my "to-do" list is super long today!
To Do:
Buy Stamps (done)
Mail Loan Payment (done)
Insurance Info (done)
Clean out car
Balance Checkbook b/c you havent done it since 11/1/4 (done)
Write Check to Erin (done)

Change Voice Mail for Office
Sign for door
Mass Email
Fill Waiting Room Brochure Racks (done)
Chart Reviews (partially done...I copied 5 charts...now I have to review them.)

Okay...I know that everyone is interested in my to-do list!!!

What's new??? Well, Damon successfully textured the walls in the kitchen. We also got the kitchen wall paint: Behr Roasted Pepper. Damon said that he started painting the walls today & he says it looks awesome. Woo-hoo. One thing we forgot though: to get the primer tinted a gray color. From what I've heard, it's easier to paint your walls red if you first prime them with Gray. We forgot. Oh well.... Damon says it looks great so we'll see. I'm also excited to see it because I got flat paint instead of satin or semi-gloss. We havent painted anything with flat paint, so we'll have to see if I like it or not. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Made pecan pies last night. I've only made one pecan pie in my life & that was years ago. So, I made two last night, but the recipe I had called for toasted pecans. Well, I toasted them--and holy mackeral! Toasted pecans are delicious!!!
Never have I even tried pecan pie, but those toasted pecans tasted so good...I think I am going to try pecan pie this year!!!

We're leaving tonight to go to Ramona's house. Cant wait. And, we'll meet Jordan's boyfriend for the first time....Adam Schmaddam. (A.K.A. "punk")

What else is going on??? Saw Dad, Allen, Mom, David, & Mario over the weekend. That was good. Saw Pop & Gammy too. Pop seems to be doing better. Gammy swears that I am pregnant. She says that she can tell just by looking at me. Well...that was Sunday night/evening. I was either 1 week or a few hours pregnant. HeeHeeHee.
(I'm sitting here secretly hoping she's right!)

...speaking of babies... The news about that woman who cut her 11 month old's arms off... that is just horrible. Absolutely horrible. I cant even imagine. I dont care how out of her mind she was. If she's not put to death, I think that she should be forced to have her own arms removed & have to go through life armless. How's that for a gentle reminder???

That kind of stuff just makes me so sick. And the woman who locked her kids in a storage unit for 3 days?? And the other woman who locked her kid in the trunk of her car with a pillow & sleeping bag while she went in to a club/bar??? And the teenager who was forced to live in the family's garage & would beg neighbors for food when he was out walking the dog??? I just dont understand some people & what they are thinking. It totally backs up that saying that you have to have a license to hunt or fish or drive a car--but nothing is required to be a parent. Ugh. so frustrating.

Wow--this whole entry started on such a pleasant note, and has ended on a not-so-pleasant note.

Okay...happy thoughts...
We went to have dinner last Saturday night with Chuck, Becky, & Parker. Then we went to Parker's hockey game @ Grapevine Mills. We had a blast!!! I want my kids to play sports! I want to be in the stands cheering my kid on!!! I cant wait!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home