Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Hawaii bound!

Okay, talked with Dad. We're going to Hawaii.
Cant wait. We'll leave on 1/13 & have a long weekend. I am super excited. How long has it been since I went on a fun trip/vacation???
Well, there was the honeymoon.
Then, there was California for Legoland & the San Diego zoo.
There was supposed to be a snowboarding trip for Christmas, but that got bumped. So now, Dad & I are going to Hawaii. Yippy! I really cant even express how excited I am!

Today is Thursday. It's been a super-crazy week for me with regard to work. I'm surprised that I have time today to make this entry.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. The social work department is closed, but I am going to work it anyway. Okay...just got off the phone with my boss...I am going to work this Sunday too. Here's the deal: October of 2001 we were in a car accident (me, mom, & Allen). Now, finally, the whole issue is going to court. I have to go on...Wednesday to give my deposition. (*not excited about this, and I can practically feel more of my hair falling out just thinking about it*) So, since the deposition will take at least 1/2 a day, I am just going to take the full day off on Wednesday & work this Sunday to make up for it. That way--we'll have full weekend coverage, and I wont have to dip into my PTO!
Anyway--back to New Year's Eve. Erin & Monty (my friend & her husband) invited us to a party at Bobby & Penny's house. Bobby used to be a nurse here in the ER where I work--now he's in the PACU here. His wife is also a nurse. They live in Keller. Bobby & Monty are good friends. I met Penny @ Erin & Monty's wedding. Anyway--they want us to come over for a party that night. Since Erin & Monty live so far away from us, Damon & Monty hardly ever hang out, so it will be perfect! But...since they live so far away, we're just going to spend the night with Erin & Monty so that we wont be on the road with all the drunks on New Year's Eve. It should be fun. I wont be drinking of course because ***I may be pregnant***! Hey, you never know...

Positive thinking on the PG (pregnancy/pregnant) thing... We are TTC #1 (trying to conceive our first baby). We are on cycle #2. We are on cycle day #21, but according to my OPK (ovulation predictor kit), I O'd (ovulated) on CD (cycle day) 11. So, I could have some little cells in there trying to implant!!! I took a HPT (home pregnancy test) earlier this week & it was a BFN (big fat negative), but I am optimistic that I tested too early (*hey, I couldnt help myself!). So, anyway--the point is, I wont be drinking because I dont want to interfere with any implanting that may be going on!!! (SORRY IF THIS IS ALL TOO MUCH INFORMATION FOR ANY OF YOU OUT THERE!)

What else is new? Went to Barnes & Noble last night after work & after my eye dr appt. Got a book filled with Anne Taintor prints. I think her humor is just wildly funny. Love it! I was reading some of them to mom last night. She laughed, but really--you have to see the picture & read the print to fully appreciate it.

Got a novel by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus called "Citizen Girl". They were the authors of the "The Nanny Diaries" which I thought was pretty cute. So, I am excited about reading this...It's about... oh, here's what's printed on the inside jacket of the book:
"Working in a world where a college degree qualifies her to make photocopies and color-coordinate file folders, twenty four year old Girl is struggling to keep up with the essential trinity of food, shelter, and student loans. So when she finally lands the job of her dreams, she ignores her misgivings and concentrates on getting the job done...whatever that may be."
I'm optimistic that it will be just as cute as "The Nanny Diaries."

I've been slacking on my reading & watching too much TV & too many movies lately. It's time to get back to all the wonderful books that are out there! As I was walking through the book store last night, I was thinking: no matter how many I read, there are always going to be books that I've never read, never seen, never heard of...there are always going to be stories that I've never heard, places I will never see, etc. And, with that being said, I will no longer finish a book if I am not enjoying it. For some reason, I will start a book, and then--no matter what--even if I dont like the story or the book, I feel compelled to finish it. So far there are 2 exceptions (manuals, reference books, text books, and user guides not included!): One of the Harry Potter books (#5 I think), & "Gerald's Game" by Stephen King. Now, I started these books & never finished them. I have felt guilty about this. why--no idea. But--the Harry Potter book. I read almost to the end, Harry got on my nerves--he's turned into this smart-mouth teenager & I couldnt stand to read anymore. I didnt care how it ended. "Gerald's Game"...oh, what a frustrating story. A man & a woman go to a cabin in the woods in the winter for a romantic retreat. Nobody knows they are there. Feeling frisky, the man ties the woman to the bed, they are going to...well, you know! Anyway, the woman is tied to the bed, and the man has a heart attack & dies. That's how the story starts. The more I read about that...the more frustrated I felt. Ugh, I cant even imagine being in her shoes. (well, actually she wasnt wearing shoes...so I should say, I cant even imagine being in her position!)

We're going to the movies tonight. Well, we're supposed to anyway. Yes, this comment comes after my 1st or 2nd sentence in the preceeding paragraph about how I watch too many movies! Oh, the irony!
Anyway, I've been waiting for this scary movie to come out, and we attempted to see it on Christmas day, but the show was sold out. So now--Damon promised that we could go one night this week. He didnt want to on Mon/Tues, he was with buddies last night, and tomorrow night we have plans. That leaves tonight. :) Lucky me. I am so excited!!!

I've got to get back to work.
Adios!

1 Comments:

At 1:00 AM , Anonymous bad credit loans for business said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I discovered your website accidentally, and I am surprised why this twist of fate didn’t happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home