Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

30 Weeks!

How far along? 30 weeks.
Size of Baby: According to WhatToExpect.com, "Your belly’s increasing size is a definite clue that your baby is getting bigger every day, weighing in at over three pounds now."
Baby Milestones: Also from WhatToExpect.com, the baby's brain is growing daily, and it "is actually starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves and wrinkles. And now that your little genius can regulate her own body temperature and turn up the heat, she'll start shedding lanugo, the downy body hair that's been keeping her warm up until now." 
Maternity Clothes: Yes. Let's just all assume that this answer is going to be the same every week. Yes, I am wearing maternity clothes.
Belly Button In/Out: In.
Labor Signs: Not really. I have Braxton Hicks. Last Saturday I had them coming about every 30 minutes for several hours....but they didn't get any stronger, and they didn't get closer together. So, they didn't result in a baby being delivered. I'm just saying....  And, now that Baby Girl is head down, it truly feels like she is going to just fall right out sometimes. I promise to blog all about it if it actually happens.
Movement: Yes. Lots of it. It's wonderful for the most part!
Sleep: sucks. Well....sleep doesn't suck. Sleep is wonderful. My sleep patterns suck.
Cravings/Aversions: eh....nothing much new to report in this arena. I will say this: I expected Girl Scout cookies to taste EXTRA great since I'm pregnant....but no. They're good, but I think my anticipation built them up too much this year. Sad, right? Well, let me assure you that we've managed to power through 9 out of the 10 boxes that I ordered. {That little Girl Scout hit the jackpot when big, fat, pregnant ME opened the door that day....}
Symptoms: Oh, I have most of the symptoms.... We went over this last week. All of the symptoms are still present, and now, we can add "cankles" to the list.
Here's a "bump" picture from today, which was actually an attempt to share the lovely cankles I was rocking by the end of the day....
{...and just so you know, I was putting my weight on my right foot, and my left leg is outstretched to show the cankle. When I look straight down, I do not see my own feet. I have to either leeeeaaaan over to see them, or kick them out in front of me one at a time to see them. Niiiiice.}

Feeling: More emotional in this 3rd trimester. I'm blaming the hormones, but it's really more than that. The end of this pregnancy is drawing near. I'm aware every day that this is our last pregnancy. I will never be pregnant again (blocked tubes, endo, many endo symptoms, hysterectomy has already been discussed at the OB/Gyn's office.... so that along with all of our infertility struggles lends me to believe that this is it). Knowing that I will never be pregnant again is already making me a little sad, even though I'm not yet done with this pregnancy! I try to enjoy every {even the painful} jab and slow streeeeetching of the feet out toward my right side and back. So, there's that, and then the general state of being uncomfortable in the 3rd trimester is starting to set in. So, while I'm uncomfortable and want to complain, then I feel guilty for fretting about such stuff when I'm lucky to be pregnant at all. Appreciation of this pregnancy doesn't make the swollen feet hurt any less, though. On top of all that....Easter is coming. The anniversary of Allen's death is coming. I last saw Allen alive at Easter last year, and he just....he loved Easter. He loved hiding the eggs and the big get togethers and just all of it. Now, we have all of that hanging out there in space, and in my thoughts and in my heart....And so yeah-----all of this and the hormones of pregnancy: I cry more days than I don't. Even if it's just for a few minutes over something small, or something sad, or something I love.....I just cry randomly.
Good times...
What I Miss: my answer to this as it relates to pregnancy: seeing my own ankle bones.
What I am Looking Forward To: The crib arriving this week. It's SUPPOSED to be delivered on Thursday. But hey, we all know how that goes...it was supposed to be delivered last Saturday... hmph.
Next Appointment: Tomorrow!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home