Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, March 09, 2013

The Latest & Greatest....

Let's start with the update from Friday.
Friday morning, I thought something was WRONG. I thought that maybe it was labor, or maybe it was some kind of super-horrible Braxton Hicks contraction that just wouldn't let up. My WHOLE stomach hurt. Touching it felt like someone was jamming their finger into a bruise. I just hurt.

I took Gage to school, and had been crying off and on because of the pain. Yes, I was hesitant to call anyone or the doctor because I didn't want to seem like a big idiot who was just having Braxton Hicks. I decided to take Gage to school, drink lots of water, and lay down. I'd give it an hour. Why? Because when I went into preterm labor with Gage, that was my instruction from the OB for what to do at home, and then go to the hospital if there was no improvement. It held true in 2005, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I was there on the couch for under an hour before it just----felt better. And my whole stomach felt differently. And there was suddenly a hard something at the very top center of my belly. Did Baby Girl turn from transverse??? Is that what made me feel like I was dying??? Yup, I think so....

Well, then this morning, I had a 3D sono scheduled. I won't go into all of the details about my frustrations with the sono place or the happenings of this morning....and then this afternoon..... But, I can say this: Yes, Baby Girl is now head down. She's also still a girl.

And here's my one & only picture from today's 3D sono that I have to share, thanks to Jessica.
I'd love to show you pictures of what this baby looks like, but I can't. Why? Because I don't have any. Why? Because Baby Girl wasn't having it today. She literally gave the sonographer the hand, and then the finger.

She's not even here yet, and she's already making the world cater to her whim.
I'll go back later this week for more scanning.

I can say this: To me, from what I could see of her face, she looks like Gage. Her cheeks appear to be chubby already! She's got very cute little hands....and she likes to hold onto her umbilical cord....in front of her face. Her legs are crossed and she keeps her little feet tucked under.

I'll hopefully be able to post more at a later time.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:49 PM , Blogger LauraC said...

DANG!!
I had the same thing happen late in pregnancy. I was being monitored for preterm labor when Nate decided he wanted nothing to do with the monitor, so he went from head down to head up. I was 32 weeks... with another baby inside. It was SO PAINFUL and scary and if I wasn't already at the hospital I would have freaked out.

I was also pissed bc since he did that, I ended up getting a c-section. And that sums up Nate, giving me grief! hahahah. (but I love him so)

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Yikes that sounds painful!

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger Barrie said...

Smart you, figuring out what was going on!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home