Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

27 Weeks



How far along? 27 Weeks today!

Size of Baby: According to BabyCenter.com, "This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended."
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I actually have no idea right this minute. I haven't weighed probably since last week!

Maternity Clothes: Definitely.

Belly Button In/Out: In.
 
Labor Signs: Nope. {WARNING, Maybe TMI: With Gage I lost my mucus plug around 28 weeks, and didn't know that I should have told the OB. Whoops. Then, with him, preterm labor at 34 weeks. This time around, no such signs so far. Nothing to indicate that I'll be losing anything any time soon except more sleep, and speed....I'm quickly losing speed and slowing down!}

Movement: Mine, or the baby's? I just went over mine: slow. My overall movement is much slower than it used to be! The baby: oh, she kicks up a storm when I slow down, lay down, or relax in the bath. She seems to have her head down low on my left side, or maybe that's her bum.... Her feet? Oh, they are on my right side up by my ribs. Remember those cervical kicks when she was complete breech? Not anymore! I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that she hangs out in the transverse position like this:


Sleep: About the same as it has been: crappy. Most nights I'm up at least 1-2 times. If I am super lucky, I go right back to sleep.

Cravings/Aversions: Still not a big fan of meat. I will eat veggies, though I still prefer JUNK FOOD! It's terrible. For the anemia I'm doing my iron pills every day and still have to make an effort to eat iron-fortified cereals or meats....just iron-rich foods.

Symptoms: Of pregnancy? Well, with this pregnancy, I've been waking up in the middle night because one of my calf muscles cramps up. I didn't have that when I was pregnant with Gage. I get heartburn at times.... but I have to say, it doesn't seem to be as bad this go around as it was when I was pregnant with Gage. Hot flashes in the middle of the night. Those are fun. My body is putting down just an overall layer of fat....everywhere! I feel like a chipmunk who is storing up for the winter. I'm storing fats for breastfeeding, I suppose! Oh, and there's THIS: I have separation of the abdominal muscles. During pregnancy, the growing uterus sometimes causes the abdominal muscles to separate, and when you try to flex the abdominals, as in, use them to sit up, you get this nice, lovely ridge down your middle. It's so weird. Also, it can contribute to the backaches, since the muscles aren't able to hold your core as tightly as they did before. {Super!}


Feeling: Very excited as we've ordered the baby furniture! Feeling, somewhat insecure about having a daughter. I don't know.....I just know what it is to be a mother to my son. I know that our relationship is good. It's wonderful. I just....for whatever reason, feel like I might have to work at a relationship with a daughter. Then, I think----'you're crazy. You have a wonderful relationship with your son because you work at that. Stop overthinking this.' But, I do. I overthink it... I'm also feeling like I need another ultrasound. Not because I think anything is wrong----but, the more full this baby's closet gets, the more I think, "What if they were wrong? What if it's NOT a girl!?" Maybe I'm being silly.... I was told twice that it was a girl. Once was speculative and it was very early, but the second time was right in the target time frame, and she sonographer seemed certain, so I should slow my worrying, right??


Best Moments this Week: (1) Gage's response to something he saw on TV. He said, "If that was MY baby sister, I would pick her up and take her inside!" It was his first proclamation of protection over this little one. Oh, he's turned the corner! He's going to be a great big brother!!! & (2) Ordering the baby furniture. That just FELT GOOD.

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night. Sleeping on my stomach. Seeing more of myself. There are parts of my body that I can no longer see! I miss putting on my shoes without getting out of breath. I miss doing a whole lot of things without getting out of breath! I miss getting through the day without a backache.

What I am Looking Forward To: Baby showers and  setting up the nursery, and organzing her room.....Spring and warmer weather so I can get in the pool and just FLOAT and be weightless!

Baby Milestones: According to BabyCenter.com, "She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her." {Our sweet girl has had hiccups and I love it! I don't remember ever feeling this when I was pregnant with Gage, but with this little one, it's distinct and AWESOME. I love it!}


Next Appointment: March 7th. I'm sure they'll recheck my iron levels to make sure my dietary changes are working and that I don't need to double on the iron pills. I'll also get my rhogam shot. I'm not sure what else. A belly measurement and listen to the heartbeat! I know that they don't start checking the cervix until later in the pregnancy, but given my history of preterm labor, I don't know if they'll start that earlier or not. I'll have to ask.... I don't feeeeel like I'm dilating, but then again, I didn't know that I was with Gage either....so there's that. I'll have to ask.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:27 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Just go get a 3D ultrasound!!!!! They are so fun!!!!

 
At 5:34 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

you're so beautiful!! and knowing me, i would probably be a little freaked out about the whole trusting that its a girl thing too. I'm with Rikki ~ 3D ultrasound!! confirmation on sex and sweet pictures!!! =) And if its any help, i think that baby girl is super blessed to have you for a mommy and it sure seems that you have a great example in your mom of a great mommy/daughter relationship!

 
At 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely adorable! Hope all continues to go well :)

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Whoa baby! Love the belly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home