Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

8w1d. Miss Me?

Let me explain: my mornings are great.
My afternoons: suck.
I don't get morning sickness. I get afternoon sickness.
I have waves of starvation, followed by mass ingestion of food, and subsequent regret.
I've tried grazing all day.
No matter what, I feel sick in the afternoons.

And I'm tired.
I want a nap (or two) every day.
Every day.

I'm tired.
I'm hungry.
No, I'm not.
I'm mad.
No, I'm sad.
No, I'm crying.
I'm a hormonal mess.

But----here's the 8 week ultrasound, which  makes it ALL worth it!
Don't ask me what we are all looking at. To me, it looks like the baby has two heads. He or she would turn and not cooperate a whole lot during the sono. He or she is quite the high maintenance or stubborn child already!

My 91 year old Gammy went with me to the ultrasound. She has never seen a baby on a sonogram before. She's seen the still after-images, but she's never seen a baby in real-time, moving on a sonogram. She described the experience as "humbling." She also was fascinated by the whole IVF process, and regrets that she is not better informed about anatomy, and she just never learned how all of the organs work together....

Anyhow.... It was quite comforting to see the little one on the screen. The baby's size went from 3mm at 6 weeks to approximately 17mm at 8 weeks. The heart rate went from 92 bpm to 180 bpm.
That was amazing to hear! Hooooraaaay! The not hooray part: have to stay on progesterone twice a day. (UGH.) I get to reduce my estrogen patches to one every 3.5 days instead of two....but the progesterone is still twice a day. (but hey---whatever it takes!)

So, now, today, I'm 8w1d.
Here's what www.whattoexpect.com shares about 8 weeks...

Your Baby in Week 8 of Pregnancy

Your baby is growing at an amazing rate — about a millimeter every day — and now is the size of a large raspberry. Your little berry is looking a lot less reptilian (even though she has webbed fingers and toes, her tail is just about gone) and a lot more baby-like these days, as her lips, nose, eyelids, legs, and back continue to take shape. Her heart is beating at the incredible rate of 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! And even though you can't yet feel it, she's now making spontaneous movements as she twitches her tiny trunk and limb buds.

 




Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cutie pie already!

Hope you have a great week xoxo

 
At 5:47 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Perhaps a hormonal mess – but a happy one!

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! I did miss you!!! Glad to hear your brief absence was related only to somewhat normal pregnancy junk!!!!

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

I had evening sickness with D. Maybe a girl?

So happy you brought your grandmother. That's such a sweet story. (Does she have a good & usable name??)

 
At 3:49 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

Yay! Moving right along!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home