Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, October 05, 2012

OMG!

OMG, I can't believe that I forgot to blog about this back when....

So, Gage saw some commercial about a restaurant called Golden Corral. I'd never been there. I'd never heard of it. I didn't see the commercial. He comes to me and begs me to take him there because they have all kinds of food AND a chocolate fountain AND cotton candy. He wanted to eat there soooooo bad.

So anyway....I look up the locations online. There was one in a nearby town. WHY didn't I check out the restaurant online? Because I'm an idiot, that's why.

We were over in that nearby town a week or so after he asked to go tot he Golden Corral b/c I needed to get Gage's dresser ordered from the furniture store. Okay----since we are here, why don't I surprise my son with a trip to this place he's been begging to go!?

I did.

....and I quickly regretted every moment of it.

I should have KNOWN that this was going to be an unpleasant experience from the get-go. A shoe-less woman almost knocked Gage down with her ASS as she swooped over to be first in line when a new register opened up.

I could not believe that. That is also when I realized that this place was an all-you-can-eat-buffet. It was....damn near indescribable.

I even snapped a picture of the shoe-less woman. Surprisingly, she WAS the only one without shoes in there. There were plenty of people without sleeves on their shirts....without teeth....without a lot of things.

Pics from Gage's ONE & HOPEFULLY ONLY trip to Golden Corral.
See those red things??? They are SOCKS!!!!

....have to say though---Gage loved the Golden Corral. GAG! What was he thinking???






Gage had a blast.
...and he didn't get salmonella or any other food-borne illnesses, as far as I know.
So, I suppose it wasn't ALL bad.
....but it wasn't good by any means!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 3:50 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

omgoodness ~ this cracks me up!! our big boys LOVE golden corral and i CANNOT stand it. gag is right! i just can't do it! but why oh why are kids so in love with the joint??! mothers against golden corral unite! ;)

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Ha! We have a similar place called Ryan's here. I hate it as well, but whenever my hubby's relatives come, we have to go there. I guess they think, when in Mississippi...

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Yuck! My dad and his friend took us there when I was in middle school. You couldn't pay me to go back. I may need to start telling my kid that it's against our religion or something. Bleh.

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger lisa said...

I think he was thinking cotton candy and chocolate

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Erica said...

Golden Corral is NASTY!! I went there once in high school and that was the end of that!

 
At 5:31 AM , Blogger Brandie said...

How on earth have you lived here and never been to Golden Corral? It is absolutely disgusting and the price is outrageous! Ick, ick, ick!

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

GAG! Oh honey, you should've asked us before. I would've told you all those things. GROSSNESS.

I'm shocked she had on socks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home