Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The State Fair of Texas

So, if you know me, then you know that I LOVE the Texas State Fair.
It's the best/worst food ever.
The rides rock, though they are very over priced.
People watching is awesome, and sometimes like a freak show.
There are pavilions of crafts and baking and selling of stuff..... stuff that nobody needs but you kind of wish you'd thought up the idea yourself....
The car shows....

There's just so.much.to.see.and.do.

I've grown up LOVING the fair.
Loving it.

So, Oct.3rd was Gage's Fair Day where they don't have to go to school and they get a free ticket to the fair. (Not that the free ticket did us any good b/c we forgot to take it with us!)

Now, just here recently the RE told me: no work. Nothing stressful. Do nothing but take it easy and grow a baby. You can't travel or work until the end of your 12th week.

So, how does the fair fit into all of those directives???
Very carefully, that's how.

I've never been so tired from a trip to the fair.
I've never been treated like such a princess, either.

Valet parking: $30, but Hubby says it's totally worth it. Had to save my steps for walking around IN the fair, not on my way TO the fair.

My plan as a newly & VERY hungry pregnant woman: eat my way through that event! We were going to take pictures of me with everything I ate at the fair, but Hubby couldn't keep up with the frequency at which I was eating...and we only had his cell phone for a camera.

So....here are a few...

I started with corny dogs....then a funnel cake....then curly fries...a pickle....I think we had some popcorn in there too....then I finished Gage's corny dog....then I needed a turkey leg for the road. I think that's all I had....

What was super awesome: Gage and Daddy would find a table or bench or rocking chair for me to sit in for a while. (Yes, by the lawn & garden center I sat in the shade in a rocker, with a breeze blowing over me....I was so lucky & almost fell asleep right there in public!) Then, they would go and get me food & bring it to me. Then, they'd go ride some rides, and come back & check on me and bring me more food, or we'd venture to another part of the Midway to find another seat & start the whole thing all over again. It was AWESOME.

Other pics from the day...






The State Fair of Texas brags about all of its various fried foods. Off the top of my head, I can recall: Fried Butter, Fried Cheesecake, Fried Oreos, Fried Coke, Fried Jambalaya, Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll, Chicken Fried Bacon (which I kind of wanted to try, but didn't), and I'm sure the list goes on.

But---the nastiest looking fried item that I HAD to photograph but you couldn't pay me to eat:

Fried Bubble Gum? Hell no. Do you eat it, or just chew it? I'd probably try to blow a bubble and just end up hurling it out of my mouth at someone. Nothing good could possibly come from me trying this nasty item on a stick.

Yuck.

We had a great day. I'd say we saw about 1/3 of the whole fair. Gage was tired of walking. I was tired of walking. Damon was tired of exchanging his hard earned money for paper coupons and over-paying for everything his wife and son wanted.

We had a great day, but we were all ready to head home before the 5 o'clock traffic hit.

When we got home, I climbed in bed and napped for about 2 hours. It was AWESOME.

:)




Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger Kate said...

That looks like so much fun! Too bad we live so far away. And fried bubble gum? That is filthy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home