Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pulling the Trigger.

Sunday night brought the much-dreaded "trigger shot."
25 gauge needle.
1 1/2 inches long.
Niiiiiice.

This is the shot that has to be 34.5 hours prior to the retrieval, and it's timed and all important that it's given at a certain time..... Well, with FOUR MINUTES to go, we realized that we (Jessica and I) had a question. Does the whole needle go in, or not??????
Called the doctor.
Went to voicemail.
Called my friend, a nurse. "3/4 of the needle will be fine." Okay....

It's go time.
Let me tell you---this required a football stance.




What happened next?
No more pictures until it was over.
I flinched.
I screamed.
I had to grab the molding of the door frame to keep standing up.
Holy-Moly-oh-my-gosh.

...and then it was over.

Hold pressure for 5 minutes.

Thank your friend who comes over just to give you shots in your ass.
Thank you, Jessica.
:)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Woo hoo! You did it! I'm getting Repronex with needles that size, so everyday my husband gives them. That's love, right?

FX for you :)

 
At 7:07 AM , Anonymous JessN said...

Your welcome!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home