Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2nd Day of First Grade

Yesterday when I picked Gage up from school, I asked him about first grade. "How was it?"

3:15pm 8/27/12, his response: "Awesome."

7:am this morning as I woke him: "I don't WANT to go to school!"

WTH happened in less than 24 hours?

I think he was just tired & grumpy.
Within 20 minutes, he was dressed & ready for day 2 of first grade!


He even had his homework ready to rock & roll...

(Ummmm...I can't seem to get those to rotate, so let me tell ya: the homework assignment was to bring his favorite book to school. Okie Dokie Artichokie has been his favorite for a while now.)

And check this out in his classroom: It's a giant interactive touch-screen. AWESOME.
Hey, Gage! You know what we had when we were your age? Chalkboards. We literally had to take a piece of chalk and write on a chalkboard. We didn't have white dry-erase boards everywhere. Chalkboards weren't for your play-room or a bit of whimsy in the kitchen. They were for teachers and found in the classroom. My, my, my how things have changed! 

I hope you have so much fun learning, buddy. 
xoxoxox
Mommy


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM , Blogger Lani said...

Funny. My 1st grader isn't liking first grade because they don't have enough play time. lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home