Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, August 20, 2012

I Feel a Slappin' Coming On.

Today was just....draining. {...And this will be the post where I complain a lot.}

It started out with ONE thing being the most important errand to run today: Hubby's clothes to the cleaners. I had a whole list of other stuff to get done, but that was the most important thing. What did I do? I left the house without the bag of dry cleaning. Awesome.

After that, I stopped by this one place where I want to have Gage's birthday.
"Hi, yes, I have tried to call."
"No, she didn't call me back."
"Well, is she here?"
"Oh, you can't schedule things?"
{yeah, because it sounds hard.... writing sh*t on a calendar...yeah....}
"Well, I've already called her three times today, but she didn't answer. In true stalker-fashion, I decided to just come up here."
"Oh, you think she'll be in at three? Well, do you think she'll check or messages or call me back?"
{yeah...probably not now because I'm not only a stalker, but I'm a bitchy stalker.}

Moving on...

Had to go to CVS. I dropped my whole coupon binder there. {Yes, I'm one of THOSE people. Couponing is how I incorporate math into my world. I enjoy it. Don't judge me.} Well, I dropped my binder. That just sent my whole plan into a tizzy!

But, alas, I was there at CVS to pick up some meds anyhow. I went to the pharmacy, and THAT'S where things REALLY went South.
Said the dim-witted, ill-informed, louder-than-necessary pharmacy tech with attitude: "WHY are you taking prenatal vitamins with birth control pills?" {HIPAA, bitch? Heard of it?}
Me: "Actually, I don't need the birth control pills. I didn't refill those."
Her: "Well, they are on automatic refill."
Me: "I'm actually taking my last one tonight, so I really only need the new prenatal vitamin."
Her: something along the lines of.... "Oh, well good luck. I hope it happens all fast for you like it did for me and my boyfriend. I swear it happened on the first day he was home for military leave. And, then, my Dad knew something was wrong with me. So, he took me to the ER, and they were all, 'you're pregnant!' Of course, we weren't expecting it, but what are you gonna do?"
So, with much self-restraint, I finished at CVS, and left.


Went to Target.
Things were fine at Target.
Life is just pretty much ALWAYS good at Target. {Am I right?}

But alas, I couldn't stay at Target. I couldn't spend my whole day there....though I wanted to.

I had to return home, pick up the dry-cleaning. Go there. Drop it off. Then, go to Tom Thumb to get just a few groceries to make Hubby's requested dinner of Baked Potato Soup.

Ran to the library to get Gage some more books, and our books were due back today.

What else? Oh yeah, after that, I climbed into bed and waited for it to be 4:30.
At 4:30 I needed to start dinner. 

As an aside: Baked Potato Soup....so.much.freaking.stirring.

To sum up my day:

There was no Rick James action today, but if ol' girl runs her mouth again about about what meds I need and her "what are you gonna do" pregnancies,, I can't promise that it won't be happening in the future. (And just so everyone knows: I'm typically much more forgiving than this... I'm blaming the Lupron these days.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:24 AM , Anonymous JessN said...

Wow! I'm wishing I would have stayed out a little longer last night....looks like we need a catch up chat this evening :)

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Erica said...

Love the e-card. I feel that way. And, I love how Target is always AWESOME!!!! Prayers for your journey!

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger Tessa said...

Oh how I hate "those" days, but I love your post :). Praying that this IVF cycle is a success!

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

Wait, go back to why you can't spend all day at Target???? That's such a happy place.

I CANNOT believe the hooker at CVS! Ummm, mind your business and then keep yours to yourself!

HELLO!! How do some people survive?

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

O.M.G. Some people are idiots. While the pharmacy at Target is not as convenient as most, I prefer to do everything there! I've had similarly ridiculous experiences at Walgreens. They will hire anybody.

But Im with you. I would've yelled "Hello HIPPA!!!!" right next to you.... But then she probably would have thought I just called her a hippo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home