Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Post Where I Burn Your Brain. (IVF Update)

I'm doing it.
I'm going to burn your brain.

Yesterday, I shot up at the dr's office because I was there for an appointment, and needed to get my new med regimen. Got the new orders and self-injected prior to my departure.

Guess what I saw when I got home:

So that's not "normal." It may be common, but it hadn't happened at any of my other injection sites... So, I emailed the nurse. Maybe my angle at the time of injection was off. No biggie. Nothing to worry about she says... Okay good. A few hours later, the white ring was gone.

More meds last night....
More meds this morning...
Note the new needle sizes... (safety pin for comparison)

And boy, I must be growing some eggs! (...all pics taken with the iphone. Not great quality, but oh well.)

This morning...

(Yes, see....this is the part where I'm burning your brain....well, and in the above white-ring photos too....)



Sucking in:
Regular:




....covered up is just better!
...but still not great.

This is REAL LIFE IVF, folks!
The excitement has worn off.
And to quote a conversation with my mother earlier: At the beginning of this process, I was putting the cart before the horse....now, I'm PLOWING.




May tomorrow's sono reveal 10 perfectly ready follicles.


Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:21 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

You're doing awesome, lady! I'm just a few days behind you, and I'm cheering for you!!!

 
At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for you.

You are amazing my dear friend!!

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymouse said...

I'm loving that you are keeping it real and show us these pics...it helps me understand all of the ins and outs of IVF.

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

Praying and believing!! love that you keep it real ~ you're amazing!

 
At 1:39 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

I'm so confused, what the heck? Why does it look like you are pregnant? The drugs never gave me that side effect. So yes that must mean you are going to have big huge eggs. Lots and lots of eggs because....yeah, you burned my brain

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Shannon---you crack me up!

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Yeah, bloated belly. So fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home