Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Bad Day Today, Happy Days Ahead.

So, I didn't have a stellar night. I was up at least 4 times to empty my bladder, and oh, every time I did---it hurt like CAH-RAZY. Not like UTI hurt...just, all in my pelvis hurt.

I was up this morning before 6, on the couch with the heating pad.
I knew something was wrong.

Took Gage to school. Talked to Hubby.
Called the dr. They weren't open yet.
Called my mom.
Called the dr again. Talked to Jami, the rockstar nurse. "What's wrong?" "Well, I don't know exactly. I just know that I hurt."

Anyway....Dr was supposed to come in at 11 this morning. He came in early and saw me. {Have I mentioned that so far, I love them?}

Well, Houston, we have a problem. Not a huge problem by any means, but a painful problem. I'm bleeding and leaking fluid into my pelvic cavity. It's by no means a large amount of fluid where we would be worried about OHSS at this point. I've been monitoring my weight, and I haven't had any great weight gain since the egg retrieval, and I haven't had any fever. So, the amount of fluid that I have should be reabsorbed by my body over time. The other good news: provided the fluid doesn't increase in volume, this should NOT delay our embryo transfer. The bad news: it hurts like a mo-fo! It's collecting by my bladder, so it's irritating my bladder. It makes me feel like I need to go frequently, but then when I do, it hurts all throughout my pelvis. It just hurts...

This whole IVF thing. I had no idea it would be this hard.
I mean---I had a general idea, but it's proving to be harder than I expected.

So...right here and now, I'm on pain medicine. I can't drive. I've got to take it super-easy.

I'm hoping and praying for a grand reward.

The dr instructed me to apply 4 Vivelle Dot patches when I got home.
Now we're adding more meds.... estrogen patches...

(my belly looks red because I had the heating pad on it just prior to the picture.)

What else about today?
It's the anniversary of my nephew, Riley's death. Today would not sneak by me. It never does. It's hard to believe that he's been gone longer than he was alive, and it's hard to believe that Allen is with him. Mentally, emotionally, today---I just can't go there. Not now.

....happy days ahead.
....happy days ahead.



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Blogger LauraC said...

So after this, if anyone says IVF is the "easy way" you can just junk punch. If they object, you can tell them I told you it was okay.

 
At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes stay focus on Happy Days!
Sending you love and prayers and hoping the pain goes away. xoxo

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Wow, I'm so sorry that you're going through this, but I'm seriously impressed with your amazing attitude. Way to stay positive lady, I'm cheering for you!!!

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

What an awful day! Good thing you listened to your body and went in to see the doctor. I hope you start feeling better quickly!!

 
At 7:14 AM , Anonymous JessN said...

2 words to make you feel better...
DARNIN'S COMING!!!!
Mom's always know how to make things better :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home