Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, August 11, 2012

(Vacation Post #6)


Hubby arrived to Ambergris Caye on Thursday afternoon.
On Friday morning, we woke up and had a nice breakfast on the patio. We had to be up and ready early for a day out and about with Bradley & Sylvan. We were going to do some ocean fishing, snorkeling, and then cook the catches of the day for lunch. Yum!

Our early morning....

Ready to go!
First things first: we need bait. Instead of worms or minnows---you go out and catch sardines. A process that kind of takes a while because you have to track the schools of sardines. Along the way, I saw the most peaceful resting place. I could just sit in this chair for hours, I'm sure...
...and I learned that their "bottled water" is actually "bagged water." Hmmmm...interesting.

We had a wonderful day of boating.
For those who were skeptical: I *DID* go snorkeling. I was so proud of myself!
Now, I didn't have a waterproof camera this day, so there isn't any proof that I got in and went snorkeling....but I did. My family can vouch for it!

I was so proud of my husband. He and Sylvan went out lobster hunting for us. How wonderful! Hubby didn't last nearly as long as Sylvan at the lobster hunting, but hey---he gave it a whirl! 

We all spent a little time fishing. I really enjoyed it. I caught some kind of striped grunt. PawPaw and Damon caught yellow tailed snapper. While snorkeling, Damon brought up a starfish.
Here's our catch for the day, less the conch that was being prepared in ceviche:

We went to this other resort area to swim, relax, and cook out. The grill was fueled with coconut shells.














Our lunch was so delicious. So delicious!!!!
When we got back on the boat, we all did a bit more fishing, and Hubby had to set the starfish free....









On our way back to our resort's pier, Sylvan and Bradley were feeding the birds the leftover sardines.... They were so wild!

It was a long day. A wonderfully long day.

:)



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM , Blogger Megan said...

How fabulous!

 
At 5:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great vacation! -Susan R

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home