Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Red is Dead, & I Want a Refund.





Dear Pet Smart,

The next time I buy a fish, please don't inform me that if the fish dies within 14 days, I just bring it's little body back to trade in for a new one. I feel that you have somehow jinxed us. On top of that, I spent a good deal of yesterday morning explaining the word "ritual" to my son, and also fielding his many questions about why SharkBait's funeral at the toilet bowl was different than Allen's funeral, and lacked singers and flowers. Now, I must bring Red's little fishy body to you to turn in for a new one & forfeit the ritualistic flushing that comes with the death of a pet fish? I think not. We'll be getting our replacement fish and likely bringing Red home for his funeral, okay?

On another note: I whole heartedly agree that perhaps I have mistakenly done something to the water, or contributed to the death of this fish is some way. I requested Betta Water at your store, and was told that you don't carry such a product. The gal in the fish section informed me that I could just use room temperature bottled water. Sounded fishy (pun intended), but I tried it anyway. Today Red is dead. I will never try that little trick again.

Pet Smart, I'm just pissed, okay? And my son is sad. That pisses me off even more.

Thanks,
Gage's Mom.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:47 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Sorry you lost your fishy. When we had a beta we had to use bottled water but were told to leave the water in the bowl with some kind of additive (don't remember what it was) for a certain amount of time before we could add the fish.

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Yes, we've used a dechlorinator and I'm proud to say that SharkBait lived for yeeeeears. It's this new one that's been a problem!

 
At 10:50 AM , Blogger lisa said...

We use little tablets, and then let it sit for s while to work and get to the right temp. Speaking of I need to go clean swimmy's bowl.

 
At 10:50 AM , Blogger lisa said...

We use little tablets, and then let it sit for s while to work and get to the right temp. Speaking of I need to go clean swimmy's bowl.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home