Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Goodbye, SharkBait.

Our beloved fish, SharkBait passed away. Gage and I held a fish funeral at the toilet for him today.

The reception was held at Pet Smart, where Gage selected a replacement. So far, his name is just "Red," and I am sure it is subject to change.

Dear Red,
Please don't die, okay?
Thanks,
Gage's Mom

{One thing I noticed, yet again, about my son: when he got the news, he wanted to be alone. He wanted to cry, and be alone. He didn't want Mommy's kisses, and he didn't want Mommy to hold him. He just wanted to be alone. This is something I've noticed about him in the past, but I've hoped it would change. It hasn't. This is going to be difficult for the touchy-clingy-let's-talk-about-our-feelings type of person that I am.}

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:03 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

It is hard. I am touchy feely too and want to talk everything out. It gets even harder as they get older to respect that they are not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home