Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break 2012... Part One.

Spring Break 2012...
...well, Hubby and I had just returned from California before Spring Break started. And my last day to work full time was Friday, the 9th.

So, the first few days of Spring Break were eaten up with fertility treatments/appointments. Luckily, Hubby took the first few days of the week off, and was able to stay home with me & Gage, and so we all had flexibility in our schedule for what was required of us.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you (Kickin' My Shouts Out) to Lindsey for watching Gage on such short notice! {Lindsey is a school teacher, and mother of 3. When ovulation happens at the Casa de Lainey-Paney, I'd love to say that our world stops spinning, but it doesn't. Everything gets kicked up a notch, and things were CRAZY that day. Memaw wasn't available to watch Gage, and Lindsey did. LINDSEY, YOU ROCK!}

During the actual week of Spring Break, Gage and I went to see The Lorax, and I took Gage & his buddy/fellow kindergartener/neighbor "H" to the Dallas Zoo.
{Oh, and I bought a zoo membership because in my mind, the math TOTALLY made sense! Ladies----let me know if you are with me: I could spend $45 to get us 3 in for one day, or I could spend $90 to get our family of 3 and a friend with each visit in for a full year. If you ask me---it's a no-brainer. So I bought the membership. It will be soooo worth it...provided I go at least one more time this year, and that $90 INVESTMENT (yes, I referenced it as an INVESTMENT---as in an INVESTMENT in FUN....and INVESTMENT in ADVENTURE)...anyhow---that $90 INVESTMENT includes the parking for each visit. Yeah, that math adds up.}

....Can you tell that there was a 'discussion' about this at the Casa de Lainey-Paney? Nobody said that I couldn't or shouldn't do it---it's just that perhaps it was seen as not-completely-necessary.
Whatev....
{I should go to the zoo about once a week....just because I can.}

Moving On....
Pics from our zoo trip:




Gage was very interested in being in charge of the camera. HE wanted to carry it and take the pictures. He wants his own camera. And why not? Clearly he needs to take a bajillion photos of a monkey's ass, just like I need to take a bajillion photos of flowers!




But how could you expect anything less from a 6 year old little boy!?

(And with that sweet but mischevious little grin, how can you not just love him!?)


We saw the new koala exhibit.
How was it? Not awesome. The koalas at the San Diego Zoo are better to look at. Or rather, the animals are similar. The experience of looking at a koala bear is better at the San Diego Zoo (Rose, can I get an 'Amen'?)


Now, if you look reeeeeeeeeeally close, you'll see a koala. Or, you'll hit your head on your computer screen. In real life, if you're there, you'll hit your face on the glass. Why? The koalas at the Dallas Zoo are behind glass....or the zoo patrons are behind glass....hmmmm.... I'm just saying: the koala exhibit is fine but the hype was bigger than the experience, and this bird at the entrance to the koala exhibit was a LOT more entertaining and close to the patrons than either of the koalas were.

{But, by God, I've got a zoo membership now, and I'm gonna go back and see my friend, the bird, and look at those koalas again! Why? Because I can!!!!}

What else about our zoo trip? The guys had fun in the children's area...






They also rode the carousel, but I didn't get good pics of that this go-around... {hey, but don't worry---I've got a membership now, so it's like having a free pass for a do-over.}


So, that was all for the Dallas Zoo...

Before heading home, Gage beeeeegggggged to go to Burger King.
Burger King.

So, we stopped at Burger King.
How was MY BK experience? NOT Awesome. I didn't get a damn thing my way right away. In fact, I didn't get ANYTHING right away, and then when I finally GOT my food, it wasn't my way, and the kiddie-meal boxes didn't have any chicken in them. So, when I brought this to the attention of the BK employee, I was accused of lying, or being so stupid that I couldn't properly identify chicken.
Clearly, I'm going off on a tangent here, and this is such a post for another time.

So, instead, I will share with you one of Gage's pictures, as he took many-many-many photographs while I waited {and waited} for our food. I have yet to come up with a snazzy title for the artwork (because he's clearly a genius AND environmentalist, trying to point out how wasteful (though sanitary) it is to individually wrap straws}...


I think he really only likes BK because of the crown... He certainly acts (and gets treated) like royalty...


Okay, so maybe he also likes BK for the indoor play place as well...





Ahhhh....two sweaty-headed little boys.
Then, it was time to go home!

:)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

looks like fun.
and you may want to check into it, the membership to the Zoo ATL is tax-deductible.

if you need any help in convincing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home