Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Looooooook!

Okay, so Happy Belated St. Patty's Day. That was yesterday.
Guess what I found & saw for the first time yesterday: a bunny nest! We have a bunny nest in our backyard!!!!


Now, the above photo is from someone else's website, because I was afraid to re-disturb the nest and take a picture. So, I googled & found one that looks similar to what we've got.

Hubby found the nest the other day, but forgot to mention it. Just put a cone in the backyard by the nest. I moved the cone. Noticed grey bunny hair, and assumed there was some type of mowing accident, but didn't see any blood....so I moved on. Yesterday, I noted movement under the little clump of hair/fur, so I moved it back, and OH MY GOODNESS! They are soooo tiny, and their little eyes aren't open yet, and when you move the fur back, they all just poke their little heads upward. I quickly recovered them.

I've been so afraid that the mother wouldn't be coming back since I touched things, but I did a little research & learned:
- yes, she will return, but does so under the cover of darkness.
- if their eyes aren't open yet, they are likely 10 days old or less.
- human scent won't deter her.

So...it seems that I live on fertile ground, so maybe it's a goooooood sign for us! And, to find it on St.Patty's Day---a day of luck---maybe that's a good sign for us too! {You see this neurotic reaching & searching for signs everywhere? I can't help myself. I want a baby.}

:)
Yaaaaaay for baby bunnies!
{at least someone at the Casa de Lainey-Paney is making babies!}

2 Comments:

At 6:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymouse said...

I can totally relate to that brand of neuroses. Ah, memories.

But also, the cute bunnies! And so close to Easter!

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

Totally a sign of good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home