Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happiness Is.... Delicious Ambiguity.



So, how is it being a SAHM {Stay-at-Home-Mom}?

Different than I expected.
Just like motherhood: the good stuff is so much better than I could have imagined, and the laundry never ends.

...no really, the laundry.never.f*cking.ends.
You're never caught up.
{Yeah, so you know---if you were thinking about quitting your job to catch up on laundry---don't bother. Just burn all of the clothes.}

So far the laundry part is really my only complaint.
In fact----I just LOVE sending Hubby texts throughout the day "Happiness is..." and then I text a picture and little statment about whatever I'm doing then & there...

And it's been so fun. It's been so good for my family. I am just so happy and thankful that this is possible, and that I was finally ready to take this step...to trust that he (Hubby) & He (God) would provide for me and our family and that it would just even work out. {Does that rambly statement even make sense??}
My point is: this has been WONDERFUL for us. I still work PRN for two area hospital organizations, but it gives me the opportunity to keep up my skills and continue to practice in my profession, and off-set the cost of providing health insurance for Gage and myself. {Hubby's is taken care of 100% by his employer. So nice!} It's great because I have the flexibility to work 4-5 shifts per month total, and then I'm done. If I want to do more I can, or if I want to do less I can. It's perfect for us right now.

So now---I'm going to share with you our "Happiness is..." moments!

Happiness is...

...planting new flowers by the front door.



...an organized garage-fridge.


...seeing the pantry floor.


...having a reason to wear my little black apron!


...beer-in-the-rear chicken!


...Well, it damn sure isn't stirring! I STILL HATE stirring!


...taking my son to the malt shop after practice.


...toast and jelly in the morning before school.


...a snack & a drink in the car at pick-up time.


...walking into my bedroom and seeing this.


...taking him for a walk in the middle of the day.


...putting notes in my son's lunch.



...a really clean kitchen.


Oh, the joys never end.
This stay-at-home-thing: I got this, yo.

I love it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:52 AM , Blogger Beth said...

So many joys to discover as a SAHM! While it too is a “job” it’s one with “benefits” beyond the medical/dental. :)
And you have the best of both worlds (as I did) – part-time work outside the home as well.

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Your flowers are so pretty! And although I stay home, my kitchen doesn't look nearly as lovely and sparkly.

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

Hahaha, love this post!

 
At 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your view of Happiness :) I'm so glad you are enjoying being at home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home