Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

MMmmmm! Restaurant Review: Culpeppers!

I had not been to Culpepper's since 1996. It's random how I know that, but trust me---I know that.

So, we went Friday night when the father-in-law got out of the hospital and Hubby got home. It also happened to be Hubby's birthday.


Not only did we have a FUN time, but the food was WONDERFUL!

We started with a cheesy fondue with jalapeno bread, italian sausage, and grilled artichoke hearts. Delicious.

Hubby & I had one of the specials: 4 oz. filet mignon, and a FRIED lobster tail. Fried? Hmmmm. That's different.
Well, let me tell you---it was wonderful!
They detach the meat from the shell all the way down to the end, where they keep it attached. They must have cooked it all first because the shell was bright red; but then they batter & fry the meat.
It was unusual and delicious!

The dessert: creme brulee. The raspberry & lemon cake was okay...but once you taste the creme brulee, you realize that the raspberry & lemon cake pales in comparison.

Really, our meal was so great, that I called my mom & gave her a play by play of each course. I'm kind of nutty like that.

The food was great, and we all had fun.
:)



Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby!

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger Erica said...

Where do you live?? If I have time, I can pick it up.

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Erica said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home