Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Whirlwind Update.

Well...it's been a few days since I've blogged.
What's happened since then?

We went to visit Darnin' & PawPaw for Easter.
Separate post & pics will be done for that.
It's blogworthy, and individual postworthy, so it'll have to wait.

We still have a carsick dog.
Thought he may grow out of it.
The whole "drive with him in the car more so that he can get used to it" approach simply equates to more vomit for me to clean up. I'm over thinking he'll grow out of it.

Hubby's dad, GrandDaddy Longhorn is in the hospital. Prayers needed for him.

Gage got his place in his preK class for next year. Problem with the registration fee check, though. I kept wondering why the mega-check hadn't cleared. Missed a phone call & got a message from the school. Come to find out---in my hurry that morning, I made the check out to Gage. Whoops. Situation corrected yesterday, and his place is secure.
Next year: PreK-4; 4 days a week.

Papa's funeral was yesterday. Can I just tell you---if you've never been to a military service where they sloooowwwwly fold the flag & present it to the widow---well, it's just beautiful. Beautiful. The folding and the presentation are...just perfect...These volunteers who are there giving their time to salute their own, well, it's just very powerful.

I have some Papa stories swimming around in my head, but no time to post them now.
Hope everyone's having a good day!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:52 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Wow. Lots going on. I hope your father in law gets better soon. And the check thing sounds just like something I would do.

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

....something else in common with our Papas....first military service I had ever been to! It was beautiful. He is buried at the DFW National Cemetary. You were missed....and thought of...

 
At 6:03 AM , Blogger Beth said...

A whirlwind update for a whirlwind life! Highs and lows...
Have you tried some Gravol for the dog? (Check with a vet first.)

 
At 6:33 PM , Blogger Kyla said...

I remember your son being named Gage! Gage and Lane (Laine) are definitely very cool names!

 
At 6:05 AM , Blogger Angel said...

you have a very busy life girlfriend...and the funeral sounds beautiful. I know that funerals can't really be beautiful, but you get the idea.

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Sounds like a beautiful ceremony.

Too funny that you wrote the check out to Gage!

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

My husband's was a military funeral; Ft. Snelling Cemetary here in MN. I had no idea how very moving it was going to be. The 21-gun salute, the folding and presentation of the flag to me, and the playing of Taps...I cry every time I hear Taps now. It's beautiful beyond belief, and I feel so honored that I will be buried there with him (hopefully) many, many years from now. As veterans, they deserve the beautiful ceremony!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home