Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, January 28, 2010

1/27/10: The Day I Smoked the Birthday Girl.

Yes, I've smoked, but I've never smoked the birthday girl. Until yesterday.

So what if she was 5, and at her birthday party, and I brought her to her knees?
You mess with the bull, you get the horns.
You mess with the cub, and you get the mama bear.
I'm just sayin'........
Setting: Chuck E. Cheese.
Set up: she wants to play with Gage, because she's out of tokens. He reluctantly said yes, after I encouraged it because he is VERY shy about asking other kids to play.
So, they were playing air hockey....
Here's Gage at the BEGINNING of the match:


And then the determination showed itself {the tongue? nothing but determination, my friends}:

So, you may be thinking that the transition from fun to determined is a natural progression in competitive game play. Perhaps. OR---perhaps it was the mean-girls-entourage that the birthday girl had at her side while they'd grab the puck with their hands & slide it back to the birthday girl.
Needless to say, Gage didn't like it one bit:

So, he wanted to quit.
I wouldn't let him. But then---it became evident that he wasn't going to win against the whole group of them across the table...So, when he walked away, I stepped right up & took over his end of the table. And I sent that little disk into the goal so fast that I'm fairly certain it was smoking. And a few scores later---I won. {no pics of that b/c I was too busy playing!}

Yes, I beat a 5 year old & her posse, and I'm bragging about it.
Yes, I'm sad & pathetic for that.
But---she messed with Gage, and in the moment, I couldn't help my silly self.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! You are so cool! I would have so done the same thing ;)

 
At 11:26 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Ha! I think I would have done the same thing, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home