Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Today's Post: Country Music.



So, today, being a good little Southern girl, I've decided to post about country music.

I listen to mountry music, among other things (lots of other things!)...
...but, as I was driving in to work this morning....I switched through 2 different stations, and just had to instantly change the station based on the lyrics I heard. Quite frankly, I was embarrassed by the lyrics. I was embarrassed to say, "why, yes, I enjoy country music!"

Any song that says "God is great" immediately followed by "Beer is good" is just....I don't even know the word. That whole song is just stupid to me. I can't get passed the "God is great. Beer is good."

But the one that is reeeeeallly embarassing & oughtt to be banned----the song that includes the line: "I'd like to check you for ticks."
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-gads.
Gag me.
That makes my skin crawl & my stomach churn!
And really----imagine being a single gal again. {if you are a single gal & reading this, well then that's not too far of a stretch.} I could NOT imagine ANY GUY saying that to me. "Hey, baby. I'd like to check you for ticks."
Um...a whistling, drunk, homeless man would have had a better chance at getting a date w/ me than any guy who ever said "I'd like to check you for ticks."

So, to the rest of the world I say---don't judge country music by just a few songs, and if you do---certainly don't judge it by the two songs I mentioned!

...there really are some good country songs...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:49 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

I love country music too... Stew does not!

 
At 4:39 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I pretty much only listen to country music when I am driving (which is A LOT of hours during the week)...I am guessing you haven't heard the "Beer Gut" song yet?! HA..you should look up the lyrics to that dumb song!

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger These are the days said...

I love country music, too, but the grammar kills me! I have been known to change the station out of annoyance many, many times!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home