Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Suck It, Sheplers!

Sheplers Sucks.
Sheplers Customer Service Sucks.

So, sometimes as parents, we resort to bribery.
I admit that I do.
Heck, I've already admitted that I have failed with parenting because my kid got a cavity, so I'll just go ahead & admit that I sometimes bribe my kid. While I would love to say that when I say, "Gage, behave" he just instantly conforms & acts angelic. Not so much the case all the time. So, when I said, "Gage, if you are good at the dentist, and open your mouth & let him look at your teeth---then I'll get you your very own pair of Cowboy Boots," I was of course bribing my kid, and it worked.

To note: Gage doesn't like strangers.
Gage doesn't not like strangers to touch him.
{HELLO! Stranger Danger!}
AND
I blame cartoons for contributing to his fear of the dentist, since he's clearly not basing it on any previous dental experiences of his own.

But---the kid WANTS some Cowboy Boots.

I manage to make it a priority on Wednesday to get the kid his boots. He held up his end of the bargain, and I'm the one who bribed him in the first place.

So, after my exam Wednesday, I set off to Shepler's which I'd already looked at online, yada yada.
Walk in.
Go to the boot dept.
Ask for assistance.
I basically got laughed at by the sales guy for not bringing my son with me, and expecting that man to know what size boot to buy for Gage. Now---I don't think I'm crazy. I said, "He wears a size 11 in toddler shoes, but the boots seem to be sized differently." I asked if there is some kind of conversion chart. He again laughed, told me that I'd have to bring my child in, and short of that happening, he couldn't help me.

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?

So, I walk out. Get to the door. Turn around. Ask this guy who seems to be giving a tour of the store to some well-dressed professionals if he perhaps is the manager or perhaps could help me with something. He said that yes, he could. So, I told him that I felt put off because the guy in the boot dept. laughed at me & didn't help me & told me that I have to bring my child in. I said, "I don't WANT to bring my child in. I want to pick these out as a surprise. {which, you know is kind of true---I wanted to pick them & surprise him with them, although he knows that I said I would get them.} He brushed me off too, and said, "Maybe we'll do better next time."

That's it?
That's your response?

In THIS economy, when people are shopping less & less, THAT's your response?
Your sales guy laughed at me in a condescending way, and THAT's your response?

My message to Shepler's: "Hey JackAsses, there won't BE another time. You didn't get it right THIS time. And he's only 3. I've got at least 20 more years of buying this kid new boots. No telling what kind of profit dollars you just turned away."

I'm just sayin'......

So, next door at Cavender's, Kirk the sales-guy was more than happy to help me, sell to me, and see to it that I left with a box full of boots, whether we got it right or wrong. Thank you, Cavender's.

And in the end---they were just a bit too small, and I ended up having to exchange them, and Gage went with me. BUT---at least he had the surprise of boots when he got home today.

Suck it, Sheplers!
My little guy LOVES the boots he got at Cavenders!




{To note, he did opt for a boot color change at Cavenders---opting for the orange & brown boots. And of course it's probably because UT Longhorns have been a part of his life since he was born, thanks to his GrandDaddy Longhorn!}

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At 6:12 AM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Awesome boots! Also, go Mama Bear--never get between you and your cub...or his boots.

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger Carina said...

I bribed my kids with Ice Cream when they went to the dentist. It's just what parents do. It's either punishment or bribery, and we all know which one works better.

 
At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is not a respectable childrens shoe store in America that would attempt to fit a child without the child being present. The health and comfort of the child is too important. The fact that Cavender's was willing to sell a pair of boots that did not fit is not a great advertisement for them.

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Anonymous-----
do you even have kids?????
Come on---you mean to tell me that no parent should buy shoes for their kid without their kid being present?
I know a bunch of special needs individuals who happen to wear shoes without stepping foot in shoe stores because perhaps they can't leave their care facility.

Oh---and for all of the readers out there----Anonymous must believe that shoes make a horrible, horrible gift b/c if might put someone's HEALTH at risk if the shoes are not the correct size.
{Hubby---if YOU are reading this, I happen to disagree, and you can buy me aaaaalllll the shoes you want, dear! If they are the wrong size, we can exchange them. Mmmmmkaaaaay???}

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Hey, Anonymous---do you work for Sheplers, by chance???

 
At 8:03 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I'm really surprised at your service as well. Despite what anonymous says, they could have at least been polite and seemed concerned over it. And I'm guessing that person hasn't been shoe shopping with a toddler. It's no fun.
Anyway, the boots you got are extremely cute!

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

can I just say I fell in love with you just a little bit more when you actually stopped the manager...

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

and anonymous sucks ASS... and obviously doesn't like surprises or have kids and has never heard of returns :)

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I am always just so amazed when I run into rude salespeople. Back when I was in retail I would have been fired for such nonsense. I was fired once. LOL. I deserved it!
Great boots! You should take him into the other store and show them off. Hey, like in Pretty Woman.
Anonymous sounds like a scary parent. Way too angry over shoes.

 
At 5:25 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Those boots are fabulous! And good for you for saying something to the manager. It doesn't sound like they have a policy on health and safety, but rather that the salesman was rude. There's no call for that--even if they can't give you what you want, they can be polite about it. Jeez.

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

ohhhhhh my gosh those boots are by far the cutest things i've ever seen!

 
At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

red boots are for gags and women ..just saying lol

 
At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

^ fags

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Henrietta benzler said...

Idiot! What's a gag?

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Henrietta benzler said...

Idiot! What's a gag?

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Henrietta benzler said...

Your a gag

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Henrietta benzler said...

Your a gag

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home