Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sunday's Lagniappe

Today is Sunday.
I've been on call all weekend at work. Got 3 calls, all today. Still, didn't have to go INTO work, so that's good.

I have a paper due on Wednesday.
Did that today.
Ahead of time!!!

I have a group project due on Wednesday. It'll be a snap to add my info in at the last minute, and the other group members have to get their stuff together first...so there you have it.

Washed dishes today.
Washed some laundry today.
Put away 1.5 baskets of just my clothes that Hubby folded for me.
Ironed 4 shirts for him to wear this week.

AND---Leslie took Sadie to the circus today, and she exchanged the passes that our neighbor gave us for the circus. So very excited! And really---how nice was that. She's a single gal & got them for free. Knew she wouldn't use them, and knew that Gage would love it---so, she gave them to us. We are very excited. We looked online at the seats we got---they're freaking $95 a seat. It leads me to believe that we've got great seats, but what I really can't believe is that they even charge $95 for a circus ticket!

Leslie gave me run-down on $$ for the circus. Hold onto your seats.
Parking: $15
Program: $14
Light up things that all the cool-kids have: $22
Cotton Candy: $12.
TWELVE DOLLARS FOR COTTON CANDY.
Gage, I'll buy you a whole bag of sugar for less than two bucks.

In other news---it's been a movie marathon day around here. Sad, I know, considering the weather outside is fine for playing outdoors.
What have we watched???
Ghostbusters. Three times.
Ghostbusters 2. Three times.

Why?
Well....it all comes down to this....Daddy told Gage that he could have a puppy since we no longer have Bonnie. He's getting a Shih Tzu like Happy, my mother in law's dog. The puppy will be ready around the end of August. I told Gage that we could name the dog as a family. Daddy told Gage that it will be his dog, and he can pick whatever name he wants for the dog.

The top 3 contenders:
1) Ghostbusters.
2) Claude Musselman.
3) Uncle Leo.

Uncle Leo is from Seinfeld, but if anyone can tell me where "Claude Musselman" came from---well, then you are into obscure movie references just like my son! {Colin & Melis---you guys are NOT allowed to answer this because I already told you the answer!}

So, what am I getting at here?
Gage saw Ghostbusters on TV about a month or so ago. He was in love. I went onto Amazon.com & bought him the two movie DVD set. I set it aside for his birthday. Well, he's been so adament about naming the new dog "Ghostbusters," that Hubby & I thought maybe we could go ahead & give him the movies, and let him pick a character's name from the movie. He's having none of it.
Egon? No.
Slimer? No.
Winston? No.
Louis? No.
Oscar? {Susan & David, don't be offended. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right?} But alas, he said "No."
Puft or Puffy, after the big Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man? No.
KeyMaster? GateKeeper? {okay, really I didn't suggest those...}

So, I've suggested that maybe his full name could be GhostBusters & we could just call him "Buster." No.
{I think that's what is going to happen!}

Another thing worth mentioning: The OxiClean commercials.
Last night we had company (I'll have to upload & post pics soon), and after they left, Gage got a bath & got ready for bed. He got all snuggled down to watch some cartoons before bedtime, when I hopped into the bathroom for a bath. I heard Gage coming running down the hall to tell me all about Oxiclean. "The next time you go to the store, you have to get some Oxiclean. It gets all the tough stains out. I'm gonna go tell Daddy!" So, he tells Daddy & then gets back in bed to watch his cartoon. I go get in bed. We were watching some tv, and Gage just starts yelling "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" over & over. I jet into his room to make sure everything is okay {hello, he did break a bone before from falling out of bed!}, only to find my energetic son pointing to the tv screen to show me that the Oxiclean commercial is back on. "See! See, Mommy! It gets the TOUGH STAINS OUT!" (at that moment there was some yellow shirt being washed & stains were just being LIFTED away!)
Thank you advertisements & marketers of the world. I had no idea that you'd use my son to peddle your CLEANING products to me. Toys? Well, I expect that....but cleaning products? Not so much.
What I should have said to Gage: "If I buy Oxiclean, will you start doing the laundry?"

...maybe I'll ask him that tomorrow....

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 8:43 PM , Blogger Mrs.G said...

What happened to bonnie?

 
At 9:59 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

It gets worse at Christmas. I remember running in to see why a kid was yelling for me only to be told they HAD to have the item on TV. and $12 for cotton candy? Nuts.

 
At 5:11 AM , Blogger Kate said...

How funny! I know so many kids who love infomercials.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger lisa said...

m disappointed in myself, but I have no idea where the middle name came from. Buster is a pretty good name for a dog.

 
At 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to Bonnie? I have a Shitz Zu...they are the BEST dogs

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

What happened to Bonnie??

That's hilarious about OxyClean! :)

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Whew. I thought I was behind and didn't know what happened to Bonnie. I love that he's so into OxyClean. That is adorable.

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Bonnie doesn't live with us any more.

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

So....Shih Tzu....VERY hard to potty train...just warning you!!! Um....Oxiclean commercials...hilarious....you know the guy that did them died a couple of weeks ago, right...Billy Mays...yep, he died of a heart attack, I think. He was so loud and obnoxious but I didn't want him to die....

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Rikki: it's s/p SLAP, and I just got this message!
....and around 4pm today, I got your text message from 12:19 today.

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Ghostbusters would definitely be a unique name. Maybe he'll change it to Oxiclean?
We have to put our TV on QVC to start our DVD player and Little Elvis now loves to run around telling people "999 Call now!" over and over again. Yep. Popeyes and infomercials. I must seem like a great mom to anyone who listens to our conversations.

 
At 5:26 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

i'm going to have to rent funny farm this weekend it's been to long. i'm at loss with names though.

you are being way elusive, is bonnie okay? did she get hurt or something?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home