Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Major Award! {school stuff}

So...on Tuesday night, I got this award at school.

Dorky? Okay, maybe a little. Maybe it's a little dorky that I went & dragged my whole family there too.... but you know what? I've worked really hard for this degree, and dag-nab-it, I'm getting my damn award & hopefully the flippin' degree to go with it! {you know...in three more juicy semesters...}

So....here are some pics from the little ceremony....

Me & Gage with our little appetizer plate....


Me getting my certificate (way to go Hubby, on getting such a lovely shot!)...


{check out the big man on campus! ...doesn't he look like he's checkin' out some cute young thing who just walked by? so funny to me!}

So...after that, we headed over to Nizza Pizza for a quick celebratory bite.
:P


So...the best story of the night...when it was my name to go up there & get my award, I lifted my son off my lap, and put him in my chair. I went up, got my little award, and as I turned to go back to my seat, Gage yelled "Good Job, Mommy!" Oh, it was so cute, and it made me smile!
:)

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 1:29 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

That is awesome! Congrats!

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

Good Job! Now, I want pizza. Yummmm.

I love Gage saying "Good Job, Mommy!" That is so cute.

 
At 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Nizza Pizza. Chris and I went to Arlington High right there. Good times!
Did you hubbie tell you that we saw him & Gage at Library Story Time?

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Love said...

awww...so cute of Gage...i love it!

congrats!

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Congrats but what is the award for? Thanks for calling. it helped.

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

Hats off to you regarding R. I had a (kinda, sorta) similar situation with my Dad and I was less than gracious about it...

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Congratulations on the award - and how wonderful that your little buddy was there to cheer you on!

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Congrats on the award!

 
At 5:15 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Awww...the story about Gage is adorable -

Congratulations on the reward....and I think you were justified in inviting your whole family!!

Have a great weekend!!!!

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Congrats and Good Job on your Major Award, Lainey!!! That's not dorky at all...you're working hard for this!

"Good Job, Mommy!" Okay, still hormonal here...almost cried...and that last pic? Oh, that face of his. Those eyes. Such love between the two of you. Awww...

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Christy said...

What was the award for?

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Kids always speak from the heart - it is the BEST.

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Um....you failed to mention what you got an award for!

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Mummy M said...

Well done on the award! Gage looks so grown up. Those few months between him and Livvy really make a difference don't they. 'Good job' on the award and a lovely little boy!

Kx

 
At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Kila said...

Congratulations :)

 
At 3:23 AM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Okay, Life is Wonderful...since I don't have your email, I am going to use Lainey's blog to see if you will read this....I am not an invited reader of your blog so I can't go to anymore!!! Makes me sad! =(

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Angel said...

"Good Job Mommy!" How cute is Gage??!! Gawd!

Congrats...but what was it for? You didn't tell us!!!!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Wonderful! Looks like a lovely day together. He is so sweet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home