Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Weekend....Saturday Morning....

Easter weekend was long. In a good way long, not in a bad way long. It was activity filled!

We {Gage & Mommy}headed to Mom's on Friday after work.

My sister, her husband, and son, Trystan, came down too.

On Saturday morning, we took the kiddos to the Easter Egg Hunt at Mom's church. It was GREAT!




Oh, Look! Chocolate fingers....


Why, yes I am sucking chocolate off my son's fingers!
I'm a good mommy like that {or rather, I'm ill-prepared with no diaper bag containing wipes....whatever}.


Gage & Trystan at the egg hunt....

And....I failed to mention the boil-in-a-bag omelettes we had for breakfast!
Have any of you gotten that email forward about these? Well, we tried 'em.
They were so easy & totally rocked! You put each person's name on a baggie with a Sharpie.
You crack two eggs & empty them into a ziploc.
Then, you let each person fill the goodies into their bag. We had bacon, cheese, bell peppers, I forget what else. Those were the goodies in mine! Then, you seal it up, and squish it all up/mix it all up in the bag.


After that, you make sure all of the air is squeezed out of the bag & resealed. You toss the bags into a pot of boiling water & cook for 13 or 14 minutes in the boiling water. Take the baggies out, and voila! they are perfectly cooked & just roll out of the baggies. {i'm sure there's some horrible plastic toxin seeping into the eggs from cooking it in a baggie, but hey, if you prefer a life of convenience & living on the edge, then this is for you!}....



So....this was our Saturday morning.
I'm tellin' ya----the weekend was activity-packed, so there will certainly be more posts coming.
:)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:39 PM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

That looks yummy. I don't mind living life on the edge when it comes to this kind of thing! :-)

 
At 5:51 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Looks like a great Easter! I LOVE Gage's pants - something I would have for my guys! And I love your sweater - what a pretty colour for you!

Cheers!

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Gage's pants are great!! Looks like a very fun day, and I've never heard about the boil in a bag eggs, will have to try that.

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Judy said...

I've enjoyed catching up with you this weekend! Great pictures! Looks like Easter and the zoo were tons of fun. My mom keeps telling us we'll go to the Tyler zoo when we're over for a visit...of course, we have to get over there for a visit first, though! HAHA

When did you cut Gage's hair? Did I miss that?

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Judy---the mother in law took him for a cut.
It was...a little short, IMO...at first, but we've all quickly gotten used to it!

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

I was gonna ask the same about the hair. Did I miss a post about a cut? He is so cute. I love those pants!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home