Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The BEST Day...and the worst day.

Just a quick note to say that today was the BEST day.
I had so much fun with my son today.
I really don't have time tonight to blog aaaallllll about our adventures, but I promise, I will get to it.

But...it was the worst day for one of our neighbors. Her house burned down today.
Burned Down.
Total loss.

We were gone all day....and I certainly wasn't bestest friends with this woman, but we'd see each other & wave, ya know?
She was at work.
None of the other neighbors were home, I suppose. The fire department is at the end of our street. It's so awful. From the front yard, you can see straight through the house---just a charred roof & some corners standing, and part of the side. I really can't describe it. Awful. Her two dogs died from smoke inhalation.

So---in the end, I had the best day with my son.
But my neighbor's whole world...ugh. It just breaks my heart.
Hug your pets tonight!

And to end on a happy note.... Gage has an imaginary girlfriend, "Baseball Girl."
Hubby: I don't know what you're doing this Friday, but Gage is getting married at 6 to Baseball Girl. He's got the ring & everything. He said that he's excited about kissing the bride.
Lainey-Paney: Oh, okay.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 7:14 PM , Blogger Laura said...

How terribly sad.

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

That is very sad. I hope you can perhaps help your neighbour in some way.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

such a tragic loss for your neighbor...will pray for her.

Love Gage's imaginary girlfriend!! Ha! So stinkin' cute!

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Oy, that's awful for your neighbor. Around here, 3B doesn't have such elaborate relations with his imaginary friends. He just spends most of his days being Allison Krauss, or Coach Cotton, or Neil Armstrong ... you get the idea.

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

That is awful about your neighbor. But congrats on getting an imaginary DIL.

 
At 4:49 AM , Blogger TwinsanityMom - Janet said...

Horrible. We'll keep your neighbor in our thoughts and prayers.

Love, love, love the mind of a 3 year old!!! Too cute!

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Oh No. Poor woman. This is my biggest fear.

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

That is horrible. Prayers are coming.

Do they know what caused it?

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Rob said...

I'll say a little prayer for your neighbor.

Congrats on the new daughter-in-law. I knew her cousin from Europe, Soccer Girl. They're good people.

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Your poor neighbor. I hope they have family or friends to stay with. I can't imagine something like that.
Congrats on the upcoming wedding. I'm assuming you don't have to buy the dress this time?

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Angel said...

oh gawdddddd, that is AWFUL!!!! you just never know what will happen. So sad about her dogs.. :(

so....since Gage is SO cute, do you think he'll be pullin much tail?? ;) GIRRRRRL, I almost peed my pants whe I read that on your comment!!!! HE BETTER NOT BE PULLIN TAIL!!!!!

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Kate said...

That is so awful about your neighbor. So sad to lose her whole house and her dogs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home