Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Story Time, Braum's, & 'Sponsibility

Well...last Wednesday, Gage & I went to story-time at the Rockwall Library.

Will we ever go again?
I dunno.

This is the librarian....

...who really set the tone when my 3yo who is not super social to begin with, entered the room with sucker...she promptly provided a baggie for the sucker & informed the entire room that sweet treats such as these don't go well with library books. Yes, thank you....that was his keep-happy.

That's okay.
She paid.

How you may ask??? In the form of my little guy screaming at the top of his lungs at the start of the 2nd book. "Let's Go!" "I don't want to sit on the mat with THEM!" "I don't LIKE story-time!"
I would have only been better if he had yelled "THIS BLOWS! I'm OUTTA here" as he hopped on a mini-harley & rode (at 15 mph) far far away from story-time.

So....while I wanted him to either sit quietly, or heaven forbid---sit on the mat, interact with the other children, and actually ENJOY story-time...that didn't happen.
We scooted out of the little story room & just started exploring.








We read all kinds of kiddie books, and then Gage wondered over to the big kid section. We looked at a couple of animal books, and then he intently looked at every.single.page of a book about New Jersey. Hmm. Go figure.

After that---lunch at Braum's.
If you don't have a Braum's near you...well, then, I am very very very sorry because it's delicious. Hamburgers & ice cream & the best milk EVAH!





So, after the ice cream {I had German Chocolate BTW & it's so yummy with nuts & coconut....mmmmmm!}, we headed over to the little market area to load up on milk. Gage saw a box of Tootie Fruities (just like Fruit Loops, but made by Malt-o-Meal). He just HAD to have 'em. So, we got some jumbo family sized box of this sugar-coated stuff.

Came home. I unloaded the milk & sherbet, and left the box of cereal in the paper sack by the fridge. {yes, this detail is important...}

But now----now, I must back up & tell you something. THAT MORNING, Gage & I had a discussion about our responsibilities as pet owners; it's our responsibility to feed the dog, and water the dog, and love the dog, and take care of the dog, and take the dog outside...you get my drift.

So---we're back to afternoon time. Gage says that he's going to take his rest on the couch with cartoons {around here, you don't have to take a nap, but you WILL take a rest}. So, I told Gage that I was going to go lay on my bed for a rest. After a few minutes it got REALLY quiet with Bonnie & Gage in the living room....so I ventured down the hall to peek into the living room, just to see if Gage was asleep.

Well, HOLY TOOTIE-FRUITIES. They were EVERYWHERE! Gage & Bonnie were both eating Tootie Fruities off the living room floor. They were in the living room...and all the way through the house to the kitchen. Of course, I was irritated. Okay---I was mad.
Until I got to the kitchen. You could barely see Bonnie's food bowl because of the huge pile of fruity cereal. Her water bowl? Filled with Root Beer. Gage walked into the kitchen, where I was laughing out loud, no longer as mad as I was....and he shrugged his little shoulders, put his hands up and said, "What? It's my 'sponsibility."
Oh...buddy.

So, I guess I just lived the saying, "It's not always what you say, but sometimes what you DON'T say."
I didn't say, "It's our responsibility to give Bonnie PUPPY FOOD."

So...that was our Wednesday.
Clearly, after that, I was picking up cereal throughout the house!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

That. Was. The. Best. Ever!

 
At 12:52 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

He honestly is the cutest little boy. I love the stories you share bout him. So freaking cute. I totally couldn't have stayed mad at that!

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger Lindsay, Tony, and Madison said...

Best story ever!

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

yikes!

i fear it.

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

LMAO!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Kaylee said...

haha too cute! priceless :)

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger lisa said...

Ohhhh, I love Gage stories! You should have took pictures for evidence.

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

So funny!! I miss Braums - we had them in Arkansas, and they were the best. Glad you were able to laugh at the situation.

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger Femin Susan said...

Cute boy!

 
At 11:54 PM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

How adorable! Don't they say the funniest things? At least he's listening to you!!... :)

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger angie said...

He is so adorable! He is going to be a teacher's dream...I wish he was in my class...you should write about about Gage's adventures!

 
At 9:17 AM , Anonymous Bee (the one who muses) said...

When I take my niece to the library and read her books all the little kids sit around me thinking I'm the story lady. I'm not really good with kids so I always feel uncomfortable. Especially when they ask me questions.

Lucky for me, Natalia now knows how to read so it's her reading to me while I sit on the floor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home