Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, March 27, 2009

Offensive on the Apprentice....

Okay, so I love the Apprentice shows. Love them.

And---I'm watching Celebrity Apprentice this season.
But---Claudia Jordan (who has a claim to fame as a model who opens money cases on Deal or No Deal) said something that really kind of irked me.

Claudia Jordan:


Let me start by saying that she & Melissa Rivers had kind of been feuding, and Melissa Rivers is just annoying. Annoying.

But----when Claudia made a comment along the lines of "I can't whip her; slavery is over" when referring to keeping Melissa Rivers in line....well, I just thought that was awful. First & foremost, if the comment had come out of Melissa River's mouth instead of Claudia Jordan's----the whole world would be calling Melissa Rivers a racist. But instead, it is somehow okay for Claudia to say it BECAUSE she is black? I don't think so.

I think the entire thing was out of line, disrespectful, and offensive.
I wish I could find a video clip to show....

I'm just sayin'....

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 7:38 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

I don't watch it but happened to catch a little of the feud. Melissa is annoying, like her Mom, but you are right. Totally out of line.

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger lisa said...

I was surprised that no one said anything. I remember thinking ‘did she really just say that?’

I also think that it’s odd that the only women I have heard of are Melissa and Joan. I knew all the guys. I’m rooting for Jesse and Herschel. Have to root for Herschel! Go Dawgs!

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

I thought the exact same thing, Lainey! I was doing something else as I was watching it and when that came out of her mouth, I did a double-take. Could NOT believe she said that and that, apparently, it's okay for her to say it. It proves what I thought all along...she's not real bright.

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't watch that show. I do agree with you on the comment though.
I love your new family member!

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Kaylee said...

you got it right...COMPLETELY out of line!

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Kate said...

WHA?? Totally not okay. I think she just shamed herself and showed how not smart she is.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

It is called 'reverse racism' and they get away with it all the time.
Over here a dark person can call me a 'white bitch' but if I call them a 'black bugger' I would be in trouble! pffffft.
Sucks.
And it is soooo annoying.

 
At 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the comment was very offensive too; and she SHOULD apologize for it.

@ChrisH "dark person"? "black bugger"? Based on your entire comment, anyone calling you a name would be calling it like they see it I'm sure.

 
At 8:46 AM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

eww eww eww eww eww sooo not okay

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

OMG. You are SO right!

 
At 10:36 PM , Blogger Cristina Mathers said...

i totally agree.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home