Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Last Wednesday....

So, yes, yet again, I'm backtracking!

Last Tuesday (one week ago today), we got Bonnie (a.k.a. "Free Dog").

Wednesday morning we took her to the vet.
Wednesday afternoon, Gage & I took her over to visit Tera, Nathan, & Aubri.
:)







It was all well & good until we turned our eyes away from the toddlers momentarily & looked back up to see them using their sidewalk chalk to color the garage doors. AAAUGH! Tera assures me that it will wash off with the hose....but man, I felt bad! (Tera, I still feel bad! Okay....not as bad as when I ran over your gutter drain pipe thing when it was like 24 hours after installation....but you know, still---I feel bad)....

After that, Gage & I headed down the road to the park....with Bonnie.
It was so nice to see my socially.....challenged...son to be the center of attention. All of these kids at the park were all over us. "Lady, is that your dog!?" "No, it's HIS dog." And then, wham---they were asking him all kinds of questions about his new puppy.
It just made me feel really happy for him.

My son can be very overwhelmed by lots of kids all at once. He doesn't go to daycare or preschool (yet). His social interactions with other children his age have not been on an absolute daily basis. He just...he gets overwhelmed. So, to see him shine & actually ENJOY the interaction was great.

Granted, it was a challenge to tend to Bonnie & tend to Gage while all of these kids wanted to pet Bonnie & hold the leash, etc.

:)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

That is soo totally awesome! We got cats and now my son doesn't want to go to school because he is playing with them, and he sits and talks to them all day long. It's so funny.. he's like, "I like your necklace, it's so pretty."

Aww... :-)

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That's so great that Gage is having such a great time with Bonnie and that she helps him with crowds. We just have cats, but hopefully we'll be able to move to a place that allows us to have a dog soon.

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

awwww....Gage and Bonnie make such a cute little team!!

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

I relate to the overwhelmed; too many people can still do that to me, I've just found the ways of hiding it better! :) I was an only child/only grandchild/only everything and I spent most of my time around adults, so I know how it can be. I'm glad that Gage has Bonnie as his "go-between" until he's old enough for pre-school or some such. Just a boy and his dog...awww! Especially when it's such a cute boy and such a cute dog.

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

awww! Makes those moments of chewing worth it! :)

 
At 5:08 PM , Blogger angie said...

I bet he was stoked so show off his new little pet! The pictures of her on the slide are super cute too! It's like they were destined to be friends :)

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I seriously can't get over how cute that dog is. And you can tell she adores Gage.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home