Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Incredible Pizza....

Well, on Tuesday, we had a very full day.
Very.Very.Full.

It was Dad's birthday, and we started the day at Incredible Pizza.
Incredible Pizza review:
* at least four of the games we wanted to play either took our money & then we were told that they weren't working that day, or there was a message indicating that they didn't work.
* upon entry---you must purchase the food buffet to even think about venturing beyond that for play. Food purchase is required.
* it's a buffet. That won't work for my friend, Tera, or Hubby.
* However: they offer more than pizza! I had some beef stew that was really pretty good. Everything looked very good, clean, & fresh, I must say.
* I was warned that the place would be a zoo---just crowded & hopping with people. Well, apparently---Tuesday around noon is the time to go. I counted 8 customers (in addition to our crew of 4) who all arrived after us. So, as far as the buffet---we were the firsts!
* I wasn't super excited about the prices. It all just seemed kind of pricey to me. We dropped about $60 in two or three hours. The biggest rip off: go karts. And that was the part I was most excited about! Single Rider: $4.50 per turn. Double Rider: $5.50 (total) per turn. Guess what---the go karts would have gone faster if I had to pedal them myself, and instead of a figure-8 track, you just go around in a circle. It was lame. [Celebration Station has better go karts!]
* coolest thing: mini-bowling. So fun.
* tip if you go & take more than one child: get each child a specific set of $$ on their own card. You swipe these cards for games instead of using coins or tokens. But, when you have a 3 year old & a 12 year old, and one card---no. They want to each go in their own direction.

So...I suppose this is a mixed review. Incredible Pizza: it's not perfect, but it was still fun. I certainly won't be going there every week, by any means!

Pics from the day.....






My goofy Dad, preparing for mini-bowling....


Me & Gage, mini-bowling....


Mini-golf under black lights was fun for the guys...




A little Texas trivia in there....








Playing basketball with my little man...

So, in the end, I must say that we had fun at Incredible Pizza.
I'm not sure it was Dad's first choice for how to spend his 58th birthday....but, I think he enjoyed spending time with us, and we certainly enjoyed spending time with him.
:)

After that---we headed to a nearby movie theater. Nothing really worked out there.
We all went to WalMart to get Allen some kind of CO2 cartridges for some air-puff gun, or something. I dunno....

Then Gage & I ventured home for about an hour & a half of rest....before we headed off to El Fenix off Colorado Blvd. to meet my Dad, Allen, & grandparents for Dad's birthday dinner!
[I told y'all---it was a busy day!]










Dad's Angel Food Birthday cake.




AAAAND, after that, we all went home. Dad & Allen went home to watch a movie, and Gage & I came home to go to bed! After the family was all successfully asleep, I watched The Biggest Loser & just was so impressed by Mandi's work at home. She's lookin' so great. I just loved Mandi on that show, and I'm gonna miss her!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 4:54 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

I have been wondering about this place. Thanks for the info.

 
At 5:37 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

We love Incredible Pizza. Of course, I have a child who TOTALLY can't do go carts yet and may not let her when she is! She plays in the toddler area where the games are only like $.35 each and compared to Chuck E Cheese, we think it is WAY better. I think the price of the buffet is great! Sometimes we find coupons for $5 and Rachel is free. Now compared to say...Dave and Busters...well, of course, it isn't as good but Rachel loves it!

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Gage looks so serious while he's driving the motorcycle!

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Those prices sure were high! Love the seat Gage is sitting on! Lots of lovely photos! Happy Birthday to your Dad!

 
At 5:18 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Judging from the pictures of Gage, I bet if he’d written a review of that place he would have given it an A+!!
And no matter where you go, spending time with family is always great.

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Sounds like a fun day! I haven't even tried Chuck E. Cheese yet. Poor Little Elvis, so deprived.
I love your pink shirt, by the way!! So cool.

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Laura said...

WOW - sounds like an interesting place.

Love the photos - the smiles are what counts - cost and such are an after thought.

Sending belated brithday wishes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home