Well, on Tuesday, we had a very full day.
It was Dad's birthday, and we started the day at Incredible Pizza.
Incredible Pizza review:
* at least four of the games we wanted to play either took our money & then we were told that they weren't working that day, or there was a message indicating that they didn't work.
* upon entry---you must purchase the food buffet to even think about venturing beyond that for play. Food purchase is required.
* it's a buffet. That won't work for my friend, Tera, or Hubby.
* However: they offer more than pizza! I had some beef stew that was really pretty good. Everything looked very good, clean, & fresh, I must say.
* I was warned that the place would be a zoo---just crowded & hopping with people. Well, apparently---Tuesday around noon is the time to go. I counted 8 customers (in addition to our crew of 4) who all arrived after us. So, as far as the buffet---we were the firsts!
* I wasn't super excited about the prices. It all just seemed kind of pricey to me. We dropped about $60 in two or three hours. The biggest rip off: go karts. And that was the part I was most excited about! Single Rider: $4.50 per turn. Double Rider: $5.50 (total) per turn. Guess what---the go karts would have gone faster if I had to pedal them myself, and instead of a figure-8 track, you just go around in a circle. It was lame. [Celebration Station has better go karts!]
* coolest thing: mini-bowling. So fun.
* tip if you go & take more than one child: get each child a specific set of $$ on their own card. You swipe these cards for games instead of using coins or tokens. But, when you have a 3 year old & a 12 year old, and one card---no. They want to each go in their own direction.
So...I suppose this is a mixed review. Incredible Pizza: it's not perfect, but it was still fun. I certainly won't be going there every week, by any means!
Pics from the day.....
My goofy Dad, preparing for mini-bowling....
Me & Gage, mini-bowling....
Mini-golf under black lights was fun for the guys...
A little Texas trivia in there....
Playing basketball with my little man...
So, in the end, I must say that we had fun at Incredible Pizza.
I'm not sure it was Dad's first choice for how to spend his 58th birthday....but, I think he enjoyed spending time with us, and we certainly enjoyed spending time with him.
After that---we headed to a nearby movie theater. Nothing really worked out there.
We all went to WalMart to get Allen some kind of CO2 cartridges for some air-puff gun, or something. I dunno....
Then Gage & I ventured home for about an hour & a half of rest....before we headed off to El Fenix off Colorado Blvd. to meet my Dad, Allen, & grandparents for Dad's birthday dinner!
[I told y'all---it was a busy day!]
Dad's Angel Food Birthday cake.
AAAAND, after that, we all went home. Dad & Allen went home to watch a movie, and Gage & I came home to go to bed! After the family was all successfully asleep, I watched The Biggest Loser & just was so impressed by Mandi's work at home. She's lookin' so great. I just loved Mandi on that show, and I'm gonna miss her!