Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, March 07, 2009

So Much to Catch Up On!

Things have been sooooo busy around here!

There's so much to catch up on.

School: got my paper turned it. I will say, it certainly is not my finest work...I don't think. I honestly have to say that I did it, and never once read it from start to finish, and honestly, I don't care. whatever. it's done.

Upcoming this week: test Monday night, test Thursday night.

We've been WIIing it like rockstars. Good times.

I have a ton of yard work to do.

I still have to clean up the styrofoam out of the garage.
Gage will rat you out every time.
The day that the styrofoam mess came to be---we were outside. He was playing in the garage quietly while I was planting some flowers. When I checked on him, that was the mess I found. I was waaaay toooo tired to clean it up. I just shut the garage door & moved on. Vowed to clean it up another day.... Well, Hubby came home from work. He opened the front door, and before the front door was even closed, the big mess of a secret was out of Gage's mouth: "I made a mess in the garage, and Mommy's not going to clean it up!" He was so excited....or was he tattling on me? I don't know.

Still looking for a replacement filter for my vacuum. [exciting times, right????] Home Depot doesn't have it.
Yup, that's about as far as my search has gone.
I have one rug in my house---that's all. But, it's in the living room & really needs to be vacuumed...today. Must find a filter!

Had an ob/gyn appointment last week....or the week before. I forget. I'm not ovulating. Funny---I forgot to ask why I might not be ovulating, and Dr.B forgot to go over potential causes. We both just kind of accepted the data matter of factly & came up with a game plan around it. I'm putting all my faith in drugs at this point: drugs that can make your body parts do things that they apparently don't feel like doing. That's my plan... So let's see, man with no prostate & woman not releasing eggs does not = baby. So....yet another hurdle we'll jump in the future.

My coworker, Rikki, is stuck at the hospital on bedrest. She's failed bedrest at home, so it's in the hospital for her! She FINALLY got to go outside, so I wheeled her out there. Wooohoooo, a whole 15 minutes!!!

Rikki & me...


Rikki & Sam...

[on a side note, Sam has a new baby boy who is only 8 weeks old, and she's just now back to work, and she brought Sam up to the hospital yesterday for a visit. We had lunch, and I did NOT want to stop holding that little guy. Oh...so....sweet!]

Rikki---36w6d


And...a funny little story about a wasp....
So, it's time to wheel her back in, and she's in the wheelchair, and a wasp starts flying around her head & back....but behind her. She couldn't see it & is sitting there clueless. I, however, freak out! But, in the moment, I couldn't even form the word "wasp!" Instead, I cover my mouth with my hand, back up, and say (while pointing), "oh!" "oh!" "oh!" Rikki was looking around thinking I was...well, stupid. But then the wasp.....well, nobody was stung----but where's that maternal instinct of mine? that instinct to protect the vulnerable? Rikki certainly couldn't get out of the way quickly....and I sadly just left her there. Self-preservation, my friends. THAT was the instinct that kicked in. Sorry, Rikki....clearly I've proven that I'm not dependable in an emergency. I suck.

What else is new????
Had lunch on Tuesday with Pam & Tera & Aubri. Got to see Tera & Nathan's pics from their trip to Tahoe. BEAUTIFUL!, and I think they had a blast.

My dad's birthday is coming up this week.
Allen is on Spring Break so we've got some plans to take Gage & Allen to Incredible Pizza this week. I've never been....so we'll see. I'm sure the guys will love it.

:)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:11 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Same here with the paper. Done and turned in. I think it sucks and, for right now, I don't care. It's turned in. I will fine-tune it and make the FINAL final paper better. Maybe. As you always say...WHATEVER. :)

And not to worry about the no prostate + no ovulating. Modern medicine is an amazing thing, no?

Your pregnant friend is adorable, and I just couldn't stop laughing over the fact that you left her there in her wheelchair, a sitting duck for that nasty wasp. Good one, Lainey-Painey, good one...BWAHAHAHA!

And I just cannot believe that Gage threw you under the bus with the garage mess incident. He is a sly one, minimizing the fact that he made a mess by ratting out Mama for not cleaning it up. And he's only THREE! You are SO screwed. :)

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Okay, I have to say I am not looking beautiful in these pictures and I just didn't know how swollen I am until I looked at those pictures...OH...and I need a haircut. WOW...self-criticism.....funny thing....you not dependable in an emergency...what do you do for a living again??? Love ya, friend!

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Incredible Pizza - if yours is anything like the one in Conroe (where my in-laws are)...be ready to spend some cash. Our boys have GOT to go there every time we visit - that one is VERY clean, VERY good food, and OODLES of sun amusement stuff. The boys love putt-putting and bumper car riding. Travis is King of the Go Karts!

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

That pic of you and Rikki is adorable!!!! You look like such a fun girly friend!

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger angie said...

Um when are you going to come to Tahoe for a visit...you know Reno is only a short distance from there :) HAHA I love that Gage tattled on you! He's the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home