Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The B from H

You can fill in the blanks on this post title....
....but let's just say that a knock-down-drag-out took place 'round here yesterday over a 71 cent piece of tile.

Whatever.
An executive decision was made...
...with no input from me...
...and despite the extensive research {which involved MATH (ouch, my brain hurts)} that I did involving the 71 cent piece of tile.

So...in the end, Hubby decided that since he has to live with me, it's probably better to let me have my way on this one....

So, I bring you pics from the bathroom renovation...

Friday Afternoon:



After that, I was gone all weekend, and the tile guys came....
Pics from Sunday:




Pics from Tuesday Morning, after the tile guys worked Monday afternoon....




{see that metal stripping stuff? actually, it's called schluter metal, or something like that...well, it's gone. and if you want to quote Lainey-Paney, why don't you just call it "F*#%!ing Hideous!" That's when I became the B from H, and the tile guys probably hated my a$$ when I told them to yank it out, and every tile below it to fit the border tile that I picked out! WTH-ever. I'm payin' for it.Oh, and that corner with the orange marker---um no. That's not like that anymore either. WTH is that? No, no, & no.}

And I assure you, that as I am typing this {dark-thirty-at-night} the tile guys are STILL working & dead-set on finishing tonight. We ALL are so ready for the tiling to be complete!

The vanity/sink is assembled & in my living room. The faucet has been purchased & kind of "placed" where it will go, but certainly not installed. We still have a ton of work to do---but hey---we're getting there!

I'll keep updating.
Oh, and the budget?
I'm glad you asked. I don't have a clue where we stand on the budget. I really need to add up the receipts we have {and don't have, for that matter} to see how OFF-target I was.
Tera---you can stop laughing now. Yes, you were right. Yes, you told me so. Yes, you laughed then, and I'm sure you're laughing now.
Shut it.
:P

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 9:17 PM , Blogger shay said...

Oh I LOVE it! Well except the metal - good call girl!
And I feel your pain. We are just finishing the boy's rooms and are about to tackle the girl's which includes...you guessed it! A brand new bathroom. I haven't even begun to pick tile - yikes! Best get at it!
And budget? What is that?
(ps: Followed you from Mighty mom and am going to go read more)

 
At 5:22 AM , Blogger Beth said...

It was your dream, your design and if being the B from H makes the dream come true, that‘s what you have to be. Way. To. Go.

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

How often does remodeling come in on budget? I caaaant wait to see it.

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Projects are never within budget. :)

I love how general laborers like to change things up because it's easier for them to install. They don't have to LOOK at it everyday! So yay you for standing up and getting your way. :)

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger Angel said...

lovin the subway tile!!! and that metal thingie SO needed to go! Give 'em hell Lainey!!

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Can't wait to see the end result. I love remodeling pics!

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Do what you gotta do to get what you want...irregardless of the price. ESPECIALLY when it comes to tiling!

I think it is going to look great!

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

I like the design of the tile though. I can't wait to see the finished room you B from H!

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Have to agree with you here....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home