Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, April 09, 2009

The BEST Day!

So, Wednesday was just the BEST day for me & Gage.

We started our day by returning to the library.
3rd time was soooo much better.
And yes, at one point, I even teared up. I'm a dork, leave me alone.

Melody Bell was there with her African songs and African music instruments. It was so much fun.


My child---he even participated. He raised his hands to be like a bluebird....he played 3 different instruments....he made my heart so proud! Now, granted, he didn't interact with other CHILDREN, but he did participate....and that's somethin'!


....and that's when I almost started crying during the library storytime. I was just so excited that he was participating!

After his grand performance, he returned his 3 books, and got to check out TEN books. Ten. That's right. He had a ball.

After the library we headed to Northpark for some lunch & fun with GrandDaddy Al. Sadly, I didn't snap a single picture at the mall! We had fun picking out some birthday gifts at William Sonoma for Daddy's birthday.

After that....we headed across NW HWY to Barnes & Noble to get Hubby some book he wanted...they didn't have it,so we ordered it for his birthday.

...and then....we went to the Container Store. Have I mentioned how much I love that place????
Gage got a little sport sipper cup....in his OWN bag, no less.
Does this picture just scream "MINE," or what???


We walked on down the shopping strip....& looked at some Easter decorations through the windows...


Low & behold, if we didn't end up right in front of the Cheesecake Factory.
No better time to find out if your 3 year old likes cheesecake, right???
{restaurant review on the Cheesecake Factory: love it. love it. love it.}



Gage ordered the Godiva chocolate cheesecake.
He was very excited about having his own menu & ordering his own cheesecake. Very grown up....


And then it came...

And he hated his $7 piece of cheesecake.


...but he loved the whipped cream! He even asked for a "go container" for the whipped cream that he couldn't eat...


So...then we came home.
Gage took about an hour long nap...
Daddy came home from work...
...and Gage & I walked down to the park for some evening fun before the sun went down.



Came home....sat outside & read some books. At the library, he picked that "Love You Forever" book...{I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I am living, My baby you will be}. OMG, I sat there & read it to him, and after having just the BEST day, I cried & cried as I read it. Which, you know, made me an ugly, snotty mess, and a 3 year old just totally doesn't get the fact that you want them to grow up, and yet you don't want them to EVER grow up.... ugh. Anyway....

I'm telling you...it was the BEST day!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 9:59 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

You have a container store. I am so jealous. SO JEALOUS. I've never been in one. I think I would just die if I did. Containers are my idea of heaven.

So is that cheesecake. God i wanted to lick that frosting

Also, has anyone ever told you what an amazing mom you are? You are always doing things with Gage, activities, trips, anything. You are so fun and engaged with him. I envy your parenting.

 
At 6:21 AM , Blogger Lindsay, Tony, and Madison said...

I'm so with Shannon...you are an AWESOME mom!! Gage is really lucky to have you!

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Maybe your Container Store is better than ours because I was so NOT impressed. :( And I just knew I'd be in my little OCD organizational heaven. Not so much. Oh well. Saved money that day. lol.

I would LOVE to have a Cheesecake Factory near us. YUM.

And yay on the books! I cried reading to Bayley a few times too. I'm doing much better now, mainly because I'm trying to keep her from grabbing and tossing the books. lol.

 
At 6:56 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Awwwwww. thanks you guys.
We have our head-butting moments just like everyone else.
I have my lazy parenting moments just like everyone else.
But thanks!!!!

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That does sound like a really excellent day! That book always makes me cry. I cannot help myself. Sometimes I start crying at the 2 year old part, just because I know what's coming.

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Judy said...

I read that book every year in my preschool class and bawl my eyes out. I look at it as an opportunity for my class to get to know the REAL me, really quick! HAHA

Love that book! Between that one and The Kissing Hand, I'm a mess!

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Angel said...

those ARE the best days ever. I ahve to tell you, I'm totally jealous of all the things that you and Gage do together. Rae and I used to do lots when she was little but then I had Stephen and all he did was CRY...so we ALL cried all the time. It was awful. But you guys have the best fun and you do so many things together.

And Happy Birthday to your Hubs!! woohoo!

and tell gage he can send that cheesecake to me...I'll eat it for him!

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Wow. You sure know how to pack your day full. When you have days like that, they remind you of just how much you dont want them to grow up.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Gage looks like such a big boy with his hair cut. That is until you see the giant piece of cheesecake in front of him! I am glad we don't have a Cheesecake Factory around here. I love cheesecake, but nobody else in this house does. Strange people.

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Laura said...

WOW - that does sound like the best day ever!

LOVE the photo of Gage smiling before the cheesecake!!!! LOVE IT!

Hey! I have my first ever give away contest on my blog - it is a wonderful piece of wear-able art from Star Creations - hope you enter to win!

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

THAT sounds like the best day!!!!

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger Love said...

love the container store and the cheesecake factory!! =)

your life is beautiful. your days with gage are so, so fun and relaxed, and just what they should be. i love it.

 
At 12:49 AM , Blogger Barrie said...

Glad you had such a fun day! And I LOVE the container store too!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home