Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Heat Is On....

Photobucket

So...I've got today.
Today. That's it.
Gotta get the house ready for company (we're up to almost 20 people) for Christmas day.

Tomorrow---headin' down South to my Mamasita's for our Christmas celebration.
And then....Santa's coming!

Grocery List that remains: vegetable oil, orange juice, champagne (you know, for my mistletoe mimosas!).... I do NOT want to go to the store. I'll send Hubby.

Santa's helpers have some work to do. You know---"some assembly required" type stuff.

I need to swiffer the dining room.
I need to clean up all the toys in the living room, and windex the glass top tables.
I think I'm done wrapping gifts...

I'm in pretty good shape, I suppose.

Did some baking today: chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and a cherry pie.

Tomorrow, Hubby's making Beef Wellington at my mom's... I can't wait. He makes it with this uber-yummy red wine sauce. So good that I dream about it! Mmmmmm.

Hope you guys have a good day with the last minute hustle & bustle of the season.
:)

17 Comments:

At 12:22 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like you are on top of things! That is great. I have to stop at the store this afternoon and then I am good to go!

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

You are a busy girl!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Sounds like things are under control.

Merry Christmas!

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Tish said...

hi! thanks for the tip about trains and wood glue! have a Merry Christmas and enjoy that beef wellington!

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Beth said...

You're in great shape! The gifts are bought and the baking is done - a little dirt and dust don't matter.
Enjoy!

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Um, vegetable oil in your mimosas??? HAHA

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

Have a merry christmas!

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Good luck with all that, and MERRY CHRISTMAS chick.

 
At 6:45 AM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

I know you'll get everything wrapped up in time!


Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger Love said...

hope you have a wonderful christmas!!

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Love said...

oh--i totally want some of your hubby's beef wellington everytime you write about it. MY mouth watered when i read it and i've never even tasted it!

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger kimmy said...

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Kimmy

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Angel said...

Merry Christmas Girlfriend! I cannot WAIT to see pix of Gage!

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger Barrie said...

You were in much better shape than I was! Merry Christmas! (Oh yeah, I had to send dh to the store for last minute items!)

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

Love your stories! Sounds like a very festive and fun holiday@

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Hope Christmas was fun for you all. Was Gage happy with his presents?

P.S. Did you get a chance to get any boxes? We have a closing date now.

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Merry Christmas to you! I hope you had a fabulous time and are enjoying your family.
That beef wellington has MY mouth watering!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home