Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mom of the Year....

So, as the end of the year quickly approaches.....I'm confident that I'm a top contender for the coveted position of "Mom of the Year."

What other Mom turns her back for...you know, cleaning in another room....only to return to a quiet 3 year old, who is content to make himself an indoor sandbox out of the ashes in the fireplace? Hello....I'm gonna win.






So...when Mom of the year sees this mess of the year, what does she do? scold him? no. She is completely understanding of his desire & creativity toward creating an indoor sandbox. Why, isn't he resourceful?
...and you know...she grabs her camera. Snaps some shots, & tosses his little toosh in the tub. Mad dash for the broom, Swiffer, and vacuum while he was playing with Noah's ark in the tub. Got the whole mess cleaned up before he got bored with the bubble bath!

Not surprising...but this is NOT his first time to pull this stunt. He did it....last year too. You would think that I'd learn...but like I said, I'm really shooting for Mom of the Year this time.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 7:34 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Oh good lord! I cannot believe that! It's funny and oh so not.... I'm sending this link to everyone. He's so friggin cute. How can you ever be mad at him?

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger angie said...

Oh yeah you got it in the bag for sure! I adore Gage...his personality and creativity is just too much sometimes!

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger Judy said...

LOL - this is one (of many) reason why our fireplace is essentially a dust-bunny-hut. The house is 8 years old and no one has EVER built a fire in the fireplace - it is still as new as the day it was installed!

And this picture simply seals the deal.

 
At 6:28 AM , Blogger Kaylee said...

thank you for the birthday wishes!! :)

 
At 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say it ain't so! LOL! It's almost like the time we were on vacation. I took my eye off of big boy to..ahem.. record myself (you know you have to have commentary when recording your family vacation). Only big boy dumped a whole bucket of the prettiest white sand I'd ever seen on his head. Take care! Merry Christmas!

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Oh no! My son used to put his matchbox cars in the vent hole of the wood burning stove. Hus spent hours retrieving those melted cars which produced toxic smells when the tires melted.

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

Hilarious! I so would have taken pictures too!! Boys will be boys...and sometimes you just have to laugh!! =)

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

so sorry, but that is really funny!

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny!!! Very creative on his part. You totally are gonna win that reward! :)

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

You get my vote!!

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

That is hilarious!!! So glad it wasn't hot!

 
At 5:36 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Lainey - Here is what DOES make you mom of the year: The way you handled the situation. Most moms would freak out...scold their child with whatever form of punishment is used in the household....scream...etc., etc. You? You are awesome. I wouldn't even have been surprised if you decided to join him in playing in the "sandbox"....because you ARE that COOL!

 
At 6:21 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

This is amazing. My Gage did the EXACT SAME THING Tuesday. Hmm, are these two talking on the phone and plotting together?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home