Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Virus Schmirus.

It's 2 something in the afternoon.
I've got the virus.
The I-am-so-bad-I-make-you-feel-like-you-have-ice-picks-jammed-into-your-ears-and-more-snot-than-brains Virus.

I woke up at 4 this morning just bawling. My ears hurt so bad. The head congestion, the sneezing, everything made my ears and head hurt so bad.

I asked Hubby to see what time Care Now (yes, I was that desperate) opened. Not until 8. So, at 4-something, we were all up with me crying and sick, and Hubby was checking me into Care Now Online.

By 5, I couldn't wait anymore.

We went to the ER. Not the one across town where I work, but the closest one. We were in & out by 7:30. Virus. Upper Respiratory Snot Fest caused by a virus. Pain in my ears caused by "negative pressure" from the head congestion & sneezing.

Got some snappy tough syrup medicine, prednisone, and benadryl to take round the clock for the next 2 days.
Got a shot of steroids before I left. Um....that was eventful too. Got it in my lower back/upper bottom & before I even left the ER, my whole leg was throbbing. Apparently the shot aggravated my sciatic nerve. HOLY GEEZ. Luckily, the more I walked the better it started to feel, and after my first nap, the pain has been completely gone. I didn't even know that could happen, but it did.

And so....I'm about to go back to sleep thanks to Benadryl.

...the good news about Gage: his Orapred seems to be helping, I think.
I'm probably a poor judge today, but last night he didn't seem to have any many coughing fits as he's been having...

Okay, I'm outta here.

10 Comments:

At 12:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

We had a nasty stomach virus last week. Seasonal sickness sucks. Hope Gae feels better.

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Oh NOOOOOO!!! Well, good for you for getting in there and getting some meds instead of doing the "me" way of handling it (waiting 2 or 3 days to see if it will "pass on its own" - you'd think I'd learn by now). Get some rest and feel better soon!

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Get better soon.....sending lots of healthy vibes your way...

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Poor you! That sounds awful! I hope you and Gage are feeling a lot better very, very soon.

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Yeah, I missed you today......hope you got my text message. She's really pretty!

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger ~melinda~ said...

good lord in heaven. can't you catch a little bitty break?? :)

thinking of you!

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Bless your heart! I have a sinus infection so at least I'm on antibiotics now. And my ears were the same way! (Double ear infection again) So you know what I did? I used the numbing drops my doc gave me for Bayley! Hey, they work!

I hope you get back to normal SOON.

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

Hoping you all feel better STAT

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

My goodness! I hurt just reading that and feel for you. I hope everything has kicked in and today is a much better day for you. Glad that Gage's meds seem to be working.

Hope you have a good weekend.

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Yikes! I am sorry. That stinks. I hope you're feeling better soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home