Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Cheer!

Photobucket

I've been tagged by Pam... So, here goes....

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I am big fan of wrapping paper, but sometimes the item is a better fit for a lovely bag.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Both, and lots of them. Currently, we have 3 trees up & decorated in our house. Real one...which I TOTALLY LOVE, small one in Gage's room, decorated with all snowmen ornaments, and a medium sized one in the dining room.

3. When do you put up the tree? different every year...

4. When do you take the tree down? well, my confession is that one year I didn't take it down until Easter. Hubby was my boyfriend then, and it drove him NUTS!

5. Do you like eggnog? it's been so long since I've had it that I can't remember.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Too hard of a question. Seriously. I've been a very lucky gal, and a very lucky child when it came to Christmas!

7. Hardest person to buy for? my dad. always my dad.

8. Easiest person to buy for? myself. Oh...wait...I'm not supposed to be doing that, right? So...easiest person to buy for is probably Gage. Everything that they've advertised on a commercial--he wants. Everything with Thomas on it---he wants. He wants everything, so buying for him is easy. I believe he'll love everthing we've got him, and everything that Santa may bring!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes...several. Right now, we have two tiny ones on the tree in ornaments, one in the living room, and one in the bedroom....and at least two are still packed away this year.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards. When I've sent them, I've always mailed them. Sometimes I don't have my stuff together by Christmas, so we end up sending out New Year's cards...

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one...

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? All-time faves are National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.

13. When do you start shopping? Black Friday. That's sooooo the way to kick off the Christmas season!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I have...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I dunno....

16 color lights on tree or white? white

17. Favorite Christmas song? Spirit of Christmas by Ray Charles. But...this season, I have two new ones. Gage has something to do with it too. Hearing him sing along to these two songs just melts my heart & brings a smile to my face! The songs: some country song about Christmas cookies, and the Noggin "I only want a candy cane this year" song. So cute to hear him singing along!!!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Little of both..

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? By memory, or after I google them?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? There is a star on top of my tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both, Christmas Eve and Day!We usually open one gift on Christmas Eve & it's usually pajamas. Well---and we spend Christmas Eve day at my mom's, so we open gifts there before going home...

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? family DRAMA. Not naming names here... My mom reads my blog, and she knows that I'm not talking about her!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? the theme? Memories. That would be the only theme I can think of. Most of our ornaments are from particular moments or friends...I've been collecting ornaments since I was a little girl.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? What? Favorite what?

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A self-cleaning home.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 5:28 PM , Blogger Beth said...

You are so into the spirit of Christmas! Your answers were a pleasure to read.

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Thanks for playin' along! I love your answers.

XO

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Self cleaning home? Do they make those? I so want one.

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

Crackin' up at the self cleaning house wish...if that one come true than maybe you could hook a sista up? Maybe?? =)

This was a fun one...i might have to steal it if i can find the time to do it!

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

Both your xmas movie favorites are also my favorites, haha. Happy Holidays!

 
At 6:38 AM , Blogger kimmy said...

I LOVE your last one! I want one too...especially with all this construction going on now!

Kimmy

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Yea..I know, we Moms really are-gotta love it or hate it! Thanks for reminding me I am not in it alone!

 
At 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I put my order in for that...self cleaning home! Merry Christmas!

 
At 3:31 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

A self-cleaning home. Oh, yeah, baby! That's what I want. Or a cleaning lady. I don't care which, as long as I don't have to do it! Plus, I just wanted to tell you--the Home Sweet Home Yankee candles? That is my go-to scent for all times other than fall and Christmas. Wonderful!

 
At 6:33 AM , Blogger midwest princess said...

merry christmas lainey!

 
At 9:56 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Does Charlie Brown Christmas count as a movie? If so, that's my favorite.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home