Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, October 10, 2008

My Mama Takes the Cake!

...so, I'm sure I've mentioned before, but I will mention again...the fact that my Mamasita makes the most awesome cakes....

And, there are quite a few that I don't have digital pics for, but here are some of the cakes that she's made over the past few years...
I love my Mama's cakes!!!


My wedding cake...


Cakes (2) from Gage's 1st birthday...(We had Two cakes so that Gage could have his own. The big cake read "Birthday", and the smaller cake read, "Boy")




Gage's 2nd birthday cake...


And then of course the recent, 3rd birthday cake...


And then a small, but soooooooo delicious cake that Mom made for her mother's 85th birthday...


I'm so lucky to have such a creative mama.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 11:15 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Wish I could borrow her to make a bowling alley cake for Zakary. I am thinking of trying to make it with cup cakes but have no idea how to start. Time to Google.

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Oh YUM! I aspire to be a fraction of that talented with the Wilton-ware!

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Your Mama is talented, sassy and so much fun! Oh and... Mark wants me to also mention that she is HOT! We loved getting to spend time with her at the PAR-TAY!

 
At 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG WOW! All the cakes are amazing but none more so than your wedding cake! Is she a professional baker or is this a fun hobby?

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Wish she lived near so she could make my Birthday Cake! She is a very clever lady for sure.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Patty---no, this is just a hobby for her.
And, she hates making cakes. She says that if she priced them according to the blood/sweat/tears & hatred/frustration that goes into them...well, then nobody could afford them!

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

zephra....we'll need to brainstorm on that. I bet we could come up with some cute & creative ideas for you....

 
At 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cakes are beautiful! They look soo yummy!

Carmen

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

Why yes you are!!!

Can she mail them? :-D Joking, kinda...

Come over and see me, I am having a Giveaway!

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow, her work is incredible! She definitely has a calling. She is super talented.

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Awesome cakes!!

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

your wedding cake was HUGE! These are all beautiful and my mouth is watering!

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger Mark said...

yep, she is hot!

The #2 is funny as all get out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home