Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday...

Photobucket

Well, I'm 30+1 day.
I still don't feel grown up.

It's rainy today.
And, when this storm hit Dallas, I was actually out in Mesquite at the Chik-fil-A over on Town East Blvd. with Tera, Aubri, Stephanie, Justin, and Gage.

Whoooo....a big storm blew threw, and it was only raining a little bit when we left.

In just a bit I'm going to watch Aubri for a little while. Her Daddy's having surgery today, and this way Tera can go be with him, and then they can get Aubri from my house when they get him home & settled.

Chik-fil-A was eventful. Another little girl hurt Gage's feelings because she didn't want to play with him in the playroom. He was all over her! She was about 3 years old with long curly blonde hair. He was smothering her. Not literally, but you know what I mean. I explained that he should give her a little space to explore & maybe she'd want to play in a little while. Well, they had a little disagreement at the door to the play area. She wanted to shut the door with him inside & her outside so that he'd get away from her, and in the process she smushed his fingers in the door---and just leaned in with her weight in an attempt to keep the door shut. Her mother was on it before I was able to travel the two feet to his rescue. It wasn't pretty, and she refused to say she was sorry. Her poor mom was horrified. But hey---I get it. Trying to get a toddler to do what you want them to do when you want them to do it is not easy. Granted, Gage's feelings & fingers were hurt, but in the end, we were all okay. And her poor mom was just so apologetic & TRIED to get her little one to say she was sorry. That's really all you can do, I suppose.

And now, we're home. Gage is playing trucks in the living room, and we're just waiting for Aubri to arrive.
:)

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 1:01 PM , Blogger Judy said...

ouch! Smooshy fingers! That's never any fun, but you're right - getting a toddler to do what you want them to do when you want them to do it is a minor miracle.

Send some of that rain down south! We're parched!

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Ouchie, I hope his fingers are okay! Sounds like you have quite the persistant little feller!

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

isn't it kind of sad when some little kid doesn't want to play with your child... it breaks my heart when it happens but it is life.. :(

poor baby's fingers!

 
At 6:01 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Hey! Happy Birthday (late, sorry...)

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Oh, and sorry poor, sweet, adorable Gage got his heartbroken and fingers smushed by a curlyhaired toddler.

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Well, I'm 33 and still feel like I'm 13. I don't think that changes much.

Hope Gage gots lots of ice and TLC, as is always prescribed by Dr. Mommy.

Also, I have tagged you for a meme. Because I am a nerd like that (and congrats on the sewing machine!)

 
At 6:21 AM , Blogger Lindsay, Tony, and Madison said...

Awww, poor Gage's fingers! Sounds like he likes the blondes! :-)

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

Poor baby! I always feel so badly for kids when another doesn't want to play..especially when it's my own. At least his mom was nice about it; so many parents wouldn't be.

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

I honestly don't miss those toddler days. Really and truly.

Happy birthday! My 30's were my favorite so far.

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Poor little Gage. And poor little girl's mom. Glad he's doing better now and hope your friend's surgery goes well.

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Happy 2 day late birthday! I am 40 and I still don't feel like a grown-up all the time.
Sorry Gages feelings got hurt and his fingers.

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Aw! Poor Gage!
Happy belated birthday! So sorry I missed it. I hope you had a beautiful day with your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home