Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Last Sunday....

Well, for the Sunday over Memorial Day weekend, Dad, Allen, Gage & I all went to:

It's a great water park for little ones!

Gage was free to get in.
We aren't City of Rowlett residents, so it was $10 for each of the rest of us.
Not expensive at all.
And, you can bring in a cooler with snacks and drinks, so you don't have to buy food there if you don't want to. That's nice!










(I'm wearing my glasses, and Dad's extra sun glasses...yes, over my glasses. Why? Because I'm a dork like that, and don't have any prescription sun glasses!)

Yummy snack cakes!


The other cool thing---they have a big wooden castle-like park next door. It belongs to the city, and it's totally free. And it was awesome. The playground could have been a little cleaner b/c there were empty water bottles here & there...but I'll cut the Parks Dept. a little slack b/c it was a big holiday weekend for parks & stuff...

Gage playing in the park's playground...

He loved the bells/chimes as you enter the playground area.








It was a good time...it was a great day!


AAAND: Allen had a loose tooth at the beginning of the day. He was eating a Sour Patch Kid candy, and that tooth came out. Before Allen knew it---he swallowed it! Yuck! But, he was glad to lose it.

:)
It really was a super-fun day.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 8:33 AM , Blogger Jenster said...

What fun! Gage is getting so big!

As for the tooth, it will come out again. lol

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

We love that park. My neighbor works right there at Rowlett high. Wet zone didn't look very crowded. That's why we stopped going.

We have been going to Hawaiian Falls the last 2 years but I think it is over crowded and way too expensive. It is just around the corner from my house though.

We will have to meet at Kids Kingdom one day for a play date.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Oooh, fun, and SO MUCH CHEAPER than Schlitterbahn (child's passes were $95 or something insane like that - of course we paid for them, haha).

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

Looks like a great time!!! And very inexpensive...NICE! Seems you enjoyed your holiday weekend!

ps..i love the hubby post and the story behind the shirt....too funny! =)

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger Kate said...

That looks like so much fun!

And I've totally done the dorky sunglasses over glasses thing. So bad. =)

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger Angel said...

the water park looks great and the other park....no one else is there! It looks like you had the whole thing to your selves!!!

will he still get money from the tooth fairy with no tooth under the pillow? ;)

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

It looks like you all had such a good time at the water park, and I'm not even going to go on and on about how I swear Gage has grown everytime I see a new pic :)! And your little brother is a cutie, too--sure hope the tooth fairy took pity on him!

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Looks like a blast! You are such a hottie girl, look at you in your bikini. I am officially jealous.

Oh, my eldest swallowed his first two loose teeth. The first one was pretty traumatic, he was so worried that the tooth fairy wouldn't come.

 
At 7:06 AM , Blogger Shawna said...

I wish we had something like that close by. It looks like loads of fun.


Ha ha ha I have done the same thing with the sunglasses over glasses thing.

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Shawna said...

Yea and I am jealous of the bikini too I think I would frighten all the little boys and girls if I attempted to pull one off. Go Lainey!

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Looks like Gage had the castle play area to himself - which would make him the King!

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Looks like tons of fun! I really need to take Porgie swimming this summer. I think she would love it.

Gage is looking super cute!

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Looks like a super fun place. Love the photos - all full of smiles and fun!

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

That looks like such a blast!!!

 
At 6:47 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

That looks like so much fun!

I used to wear sunglasses over my glasses a lot. Finally got a wonderful pair of prescription sun glasses and I love love LOVE them. I found it hard to breathe sometimes with two pair of glasses on. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home