Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Helping with the new furniture....

So, the new living room furniture was delivered on Wednesday during Gage's naptime. I had no idea that the tables would not be put together. WTF? They were dropped off in boxes. I asked the delivery guy, "Is that my coffee table?" When he told me yes it was, I responded with, "It looks a little flat. Are you going to put that together for me?" No, he was not going to, and he did not. I commented, "What if I was a single mom here, and had no tools or no idea how to do it!?" To which he responded, "well, are you single?"
No. No, I'm not. And my husband will have the lovely job of putting this together. Thanks.

Anyway....when Gage woke up from his nap, he went NUTS about the love seat being on his "road". His "road" is the border of the rug. He was crying hysterically! He took me to my room & told me to stay. He shut the door. He returned to the living room, still just bawling. I mean---big, fat tears just streaming down his cheeks. I was peeking around the corner as I watched him take the throw pillows off & throw them to the side. Then he removed each cushion & piled them to the side. After that, he huffed & puffed...used all of his might to push the love seat off the rug onto the hardwood floor, and thus clearing his road. He was just heartbroken that we would be so disrespectful as to place furniture on his road.

So, the only thing that made him develop some sort of acceptance toward the new furniture was helping Daddy put the new end tables & coffee table together.




Why, yes, those are sharp scissors in his hand. He did amazingly well with them, under strict supervision of course. He had a great time stabbing & cutting large chunks of styrofoam with them.


And in this pic, you can see more of the new love seat. The couch matches...


I haven't taken any pics of the whole living room yet.
The paint color & rug that were already in the living room---well, to our surprise it all goes. So, we don't have to change that, but we have to change the window treatments. I need to find some curtains, and we've got the white wood blinds to put up, but they need the curtains so that the window will look right.

Anyway....I've got to work on finding something that's just right....and then I'll post a new pic!

:)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 10:12 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

OMG I wish you had taped him moving the love seat. That is priceless.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

The new furniture looks really nice...can't wait to see more pix! Are the couch and love seat chenille? I went through the same confusion as you, two sets of coffee/end tables ago...the flat boxes just didn't add up to me. And then I about blew a gasket when I opened one of the boxes to find a table leg--that I was supposed to screw into the table top--was broken. Grrr. With the price of those things, one does not expect self-assembly. From IKEA, yes. Anywhere else, no.

At least it appears Gage moved on from his disappointment :)...

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

I work for the "other one" that Delta is merging with...OY! Was your Dad an exec or a pilot or ??? I've worked for the airlines for 30 years, and this will be my FOURTH merger to struggle through. I have about had it...working for an airline is certainly not what it used to be. Sometimes I don't know if it's good that I know how good it used to be, or if it would be better to have not known the good old days! I started in 1978, so got in on the last good days of the industry before deregulation changed everything forever. Sigh...

Grey's...oh man...I LOVED it! I thought it was as good as the days of the first and second seasons. Karev just broke my heart...SOOOO GOOD :)! Can't wait to see what happens next year...

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

HAHAHAHA...I hear ya, that sounds familiar, as I have had lots of friends over the years who did things just exactly like your Dad did :)!

And this I know...your Dad has my utmost respect because, from what you said, it sounds to me like he was one of those "front-line" employees who has to do the hardest job there is--deal with all the passengers, every FREAKIN' day! Oh my hell...I bow to him! And good for him for retiring...

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger Beth said...

My eldest was "attached" to a "road" rug like that. Fortunately for him, he outgrew it before it was given away.
The furniture looks great!

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I guess that answers the question about a new rug. =) And yes, what's up with non-IKEA flat-pack??

I love the new couch fabrics! We have a white dog so that's not happening here. Mind if I live vicariously through you?

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

Oh i LOVE the set!

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

ooooooooh....I love the new look!!

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Poor guy! Change is so hard for little ones hey?
The furniture looks gorgeous though! Can't wait to see it all up.

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Oh too bad about his road. How about drawing one with him on paper? You can tape a few papers together and make a long road for his cars. T likes that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home